JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a whole lot that we don't know about this. I am just trying to get some opinions from other ppl about what they think could have happened.

I'm sorry, but that has to be in the top ten dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet. You might as well have me speculate on who shot JFK.

I'm sorry, but that has to be in the top ten dumbest things I've ever read on the Internet. You might as well have me speculate on who shot JFK.

Just to set the record straight, it was the CIA in the book depository, Castro on the grassy knoll and the KGB driving. I suspect the same team was at work out in Bend...

There is no law in Oregon that makes it illegal to be in possession of a gun while intoxicated. While its not a good idea and many won't condone it at all, its IS NOT illegal.

Beyond that, I find this good. Being responsible, there is no reason to give up your right to SD if you choose to have some drinks.

So your friend was murdered? Was it in SD or what?

Xtreme - what do YOU think happened? Did your friend ever mention knowing Kevin or having anything to do with him? The fact remains for whatever reason he was in Kevin's house so there could have been some kind of association with him and perhaps Shane mentioned something to you about it.

Just to set the record straight, it was the CIA in the book depository, Castro on the grassy knoll and the KGB driving. I suspect the same team was at work out in Bend...

Now, now. It wasn't the CIA. It was the Jewish Muslim terrorist Nazi group from Venuzelastan that was involved with the Saudi family, paying back Bush senior for letting him get oil money for Castro in an attempt to mollify the aliens from Sirius that crash landed in Roswell, after they caused the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor so Roosevelt could declare war on the Germans...or at least, that's what I heard.

Now, now. It wasn't the CIA. It was the Jewish Muslim terrorist Nazi group from Venuzelastan that was involved with the Saudi family, paying back Bush senior for letting him get oil money for Castro in an attempt to mollify the aliens from Sirius that crash landed in Roswell, after they caused the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor so Roosevelt could declare war on the Germans...or at least, that's what I heard.
I suppose we'll have to disagree on this.

I have a CCW and I have never carried my gun with me on a date so how did he have such quick access to the gun....

There has to be a law in Oregon about consuming alcohol and carrying a firearm at the same time....

With my law enforcement experience i am soemwhat trying to do my own investigation off of the details I have gathered.

Many of us always carry. Be that Mil/LEO/Civvy. Just because you choose to not arm yourself on a date does not mean that others do not. Quite frankly, what, "You" would do is, irrelevant. You choosing to not carry has nothing to do with his ability to access to his own firearm - I am not sure how or why you are trying to bridge that gap. Unless, you are trying to sway people into thinking that your friend who had broken into a house was murdered.

In WA State it is illegal to carry while intoxicated. Which means, if your BAC in above .08% it is illegal for you to carry. Just because you have had something to drink does not mean you do not have a sense of good judgement. If you are would-be criminal I would imagine that preying on people that you assume to be drunk would seems like a fairly risk free proposition. It is to my understanding that it is not illegal to consume alcohol while carrying in OR; nor should it be.

There is nothing wrong with performing your own investigation. However, if you have Law Enforcement experience would it not be a good idea to get the facts straight?

Not sure about Oregon, but this is my understanding of Washington law.

There is no law about drinking and carrying a gun. There is a law about bringing a firearm into any area designated 21 and over. So you are allowed by law to stow your CCW in the locked car and out of sight to enter into such an area. After leaving you are allowed to carry it again. Whether this is smart or not is questionable, but not illegal.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

There are exceptions. If you are an employee of the establishment or performing security for example.

Sorry to the ppl of central Oregon the header was suppose to be the plice of central Oregon. The ppl of central Oregon have nothing to do with it. I must have hit auto correct so again I apologize to the ppl of central Oregon.

Im asking aboit the law because in Ohio where im from u can not have had anything to drink at all and still carry wether ur LE or civvy it is against the law, thats y im asking. And Shane did not break into his house. It bike was left at the bar and it was way to far for hom to walk to this guys house for being as intoxicated as he supposedly was

Wait a second there.... a friend (being accused of stealing his own property) admitted to officers while being interrogated that he was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. He must have some cool secret time travel equipment since he was born in 1971.....

to the OP - condolences for the loss of your friend.

Just out of curiosity, why are you looking for opinions about what might have happened for the purpose of investigation? Only facts matter. You should be able to get a copy of the coroner's report to determine the cause of death complete with the damage caused by the shooting. Most likely the report would include how long it would have taken to bleed out from the injury and I would bet that any homicide detective worth his/her salt would check to see if the story given matches with the coroner's report. If the injury would have taken 30 min to cause death and the police/medics responded within say 8 minutes of being contacted I would suspect that they would start looking at a wrongful death or similar charge for not making contact sooner. As was stated above, if a bullet damaged the spleen, kidneys, liver, or any of the major arteries or veins you could bleed out in a very short time. In some cases you could be shot in the parking lot of the emergency room, be on the table in under 5 minutes and still bleed out before a repair could be completed or attempted.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top