JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
**Edit....I assumed this was general discussion, interesting introduction.

Well I dont think I have ever seen a law in Oregon that says you cant be drinking and in possession of a firearm.

And depending on when he was shot, when someone actually called 911 and where LEO and Medics were responding from, I would guess its possible to bleed out depending on what he was shot with.

Just two quick thoughts.

well thank the both of you for your thoughts. I just hate when ppl try and bash someone when they don't know all of the details them selves if you understand what I mean. the guy is rich his father is part owner of the seattle mariners so you know nothing will probably to him. I am originally from ohio where it is against the law to have been drinking and in posession of a firearm unless it is locked in ur home and u are at home and not out in the public.

Sorry for your loss of a friend. I don't know much of Oregon law, but how did your friend get into someone else's home in the first place? Unfortunately I believe any kind of forcible entry would lead to justifiable homicide regardless of a confrontation.

With that said there are quite a few places around the stomach that could lead to a very fast passing. Inferior vena cava, descending aorta and renal arteries. You also have kidneys, liver and spleen which can be fractured and lead to significant blood loss rather quickly.

I hope that didn't come across cold, it wasn't intended to.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

@xtreme65

Is it my understanding that Shane and Kevin were seen at a bar having drinks together, and that you believe the three of them all returned to Kevins that evening where foul play may have occurred? just trying to put the pieces together

well thank the both of you for your thoughts. I just hate when ppl try and bash someone when they don't know all of the details them selves if you understand what I mean. the guy is rich his father is part owner of the seattle mariners so you know nothing will probably to him. I am originally from ohio where it is against the law to have been drinking and in posession of a firearm unless it is locked in ur home and u are at home and not out in the public.

What the hell are you talking about? YOU weren't there so YOU don't know all the details either!

the three of them all returned to Kevins that evening where foul play may have occurred?
That seems to be the general consensus 'on the street' here in Central Oregon but if you have any factual evidence you may want to present it to the court rather than stating. "central oregon ppl are too stupid to realize it." If you know something that may have bearing on this case please tell those who can do something about it.

There is a whole lot that we don't know about this. I am just trying to get some opinions from other ppl about what they think could have happened. I never stated in the story that they came home together only that kevin and amanda returned to kevin's house to find the front door kicked in and shane in the house. the biggest thing that gets me is that kevin said that he got into a fight with shane and that is when he shot him. I have a CCW and I have never carried my gun with me on a date so how did he have such quick access to the gun. If it was in his home he would have had to stop fighting with shane to retreive it which would have given shane time to get away or atleast out of the house. kevin is the only one who knows that actuall truth and the truth will come out eventually what actually happened. Ok I do have to appologize also I forgot to put the part that the shane and the shooter were supposedly seen at a bar in downtown bend drinking I don't know that for sure so thank you for who ever brought that to my attention I appreciate it. There has to be a law in Oregon about consuming alcohol and carrying a firearm at the same time. The story did make news and I have also to family members of shane who know more then me but I just haven't put out all the details I just want to try and get opinions off of what the news said that just didn't add up in my eyes. with my law enforcement experience i am soemwhat trying to do my own investigation off of the details I have gathered. But kevins story which supposedly has changed 3 different times just doesn't add up at all in any case. only looking for thoughts and opinions nothing more.p8

what the hell are u talking about. I was actually talking about the bashing part from another story on this that i read that they were talking bad about shane because he is part mexican. thats what i am talking about.

Again, there is no law in Oregon relating to carrying a firearm while consuming alcohol. And please be very careful about broad generalizations like "central oregon ppl are too stupid to realize it." And many people do carry their CCW gun with them everywhere, including dates, so it's dangerous to assume others don't because you never have.

I understand that you are emotionally vested in the outcome of this case. He was your friend, and he's gone. I understand that you hurt and are upset, however, nothing good can come of talking about the situation on a forum. No one here, including you, was at the scene. No one knows all the facts. All we can do is let justice play out as well as possible and hope the truth comes out.

My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Not sure about Oregon, but this is my understanding of Washington law.

There is no law about drinking and carrying a gun. There is a law about bringing a firearm into any area designated 21 and over. So you are allowed by law to stow your CCW in the locked car and out of sight to enter into such an area. After leaving you are allowed to carry it again. Whether this is smart or not is questionable, but not illegal.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

When people are drunk they usually display a laps in logical thought. Possession of a firearm while drunk is not the issue. I possess many guns, if I’m drunk at home and the gun is locked up in the cabinet does that mean I’m drunk and in possession of a firearm? Food for thought…

In any case, he knew where the gun was – loaded or unloaded at the time of entry – and secured the weapon for use. They come home, and this is where alcohol finishes the issue… Someone points a gun – either intending harm or being stupid – at the other; and neither backed down (a horrible event) or one was murdered.

Not defending either party here, just pointing out that some people shouldn’t drink, ever… Not sure which person that was in this case.

My thoughts are with you, sorry for your loss.

I have a CCW and I have never carried my gun with me on a date so how did he have such quick access to the gun. If it was in his home he would have had to stop fighting with shane to retreive it which would have given shane time to get away or atleast out of the house.....[snip] There has to be a law in Oregon about consuming alcohol and carrying a firearm at the same time.....[snip] with my law enforcement experience i am soemwhat trying to do my own investigation off of the details I have gathered.

Just because you don't carry on a date or out drinking does not mean Kevin or anyone else does not..... I do not know anything or have read anything about what happened other than what was written here, but so far, they (Kevin and girl (Amanda I think) came home and found the door kicked open and Shane in the house, who knows how long they argued before any fighting started? who is to say that Kevin does not keep a gun in the end table for a "just incase" situation and it didn't take a long time to retrieve it.....again no law on carrying and drinking....any just cause I am curious, what type of law enforcement experience do you have?

Just because you don't carry on a date or out drinking does not mean Kevin or anyone else does not..... I do not know anything or have read anything about what happened other than what was written here, but so far, they (Kevin and girl (Amanda I think) came home and found the door kicked open and Shane in the house, who knows how long they argued before any fighting started? who is to say that Kevin does not keep a gun in the end table for a "just incase" situation and it didn't take a long time to retrieve it.....again no law on carrying and drinking....any just cause I am curious, what type of law enforcement experience do you have?

+1 on the last question.

I also believe if a person can not control themselves when they are drinking or if they drink so much that they blackout, they shouldn't own firearms or should just quit drinking.

Lefty.

RIP, departed...

It's hard to get on board with this thread, however, in the face of so much fail. Get your bubblegum together, OP, and come back with a rational argument.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top