JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a poorly written article.

Why would they stop processing new applications? Wouldn't it make more sense to have said they will stop accepting new applications so they have time to catch up? If they stopped processing new applications how would they ever clear the back log? And there are spelling errors.

What a poorly written article.

Why would they stop processing new applications? Wouldn't it make more sense to have said they will stop accepting new applications so they have time to catch up? If they stopped processing new applications how would they ever clear the back log? And there are spelling errors.

Yeah, that's what passes for journalism these days.

Here is the release from the sheriff, they are doing what you suggested:
http://www.mcso.us/public/forms/chl/CHL Press Release.pdf

I sent my application in late January, got a response mid February, and actually get to talk to them mid May. 45 days from then I should have my permit. 7 months!

From Blackstone Gun Safety Newsletter I just received:

We received a call today from the Multnomah County Sheriff's office letting us know that effective at midnight 4/17 they will not be accepting out of state CHL applications until they can catch up with the back log they have now. Any applications they receive after 4/17 will be returned to sender. Once they are caught up and can manage the flow again they will start accepting out of state applications again. We will stay in contact with them and let you know when they are again accepting the applications. For our Washington State students we recommend you go to Columbia County. They are located in St Helens. They will require that you have your Washington license or they will not issue to you. We have a link to them on our website home page.

I faxed mine at the end of Feb. got my appointment letter a couple of weeks later for the 16th of April.
I went in yesterday for Fingerprints and Picture taking.

They said it will take four to five weeks to receive the actual permit.

Cannot be early enough.

I am also on week 6 of waiting for Utah permit...

From Blackstone Gun Safety Newsletter I just received:

They will require that you have your Washington license or they will not issue to you.

Guess that saves them from having to run their own background check! When I got my OR permit in Multnomah Co they didn't require that. I did have to have a letter from the state Health Dept saying I wasn't adjudicated mentally defective and a letter from my employer saying it was OK. No idea why the letter from my employer since I was employed by WA state and never travelled in OR for anything work related.

I finally received my Utah permit. 67 days after the application was received and 48 days after they charged my card.
Not too bad considering current backlog.

I sent my application in late January, got a response mid February, and actually get to talk to them mid May. 45 days from then I should have my permit. 7 months!

Sent my application in early January, got a response late January, and talked to them in mid March. Got my license in the mail mid April.

Now I wait for my Washington permit, which I was told is being "processed" and is still a few weeks out.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top