JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just happened to look at my CCW permit the other day and noticed that it had expired over three months ago.
Multnomah County use to mail me a renewal form in the past, but come to find out that they have discontinued that practice more then two years ago.
So, just a heads up for anyone carrying one from Multnomah County.

Last Edited:
I think Clackamas County has done the same thing. The last time mine expired a couple of years ago, I received no notice. It is a good idea to keep your eyes on those from time to time, just to be safe.

Never been Mailed a renewal.

Renew it near your birthday if you can. Then your drivers license and chl are near the same time.

The only reason I looked at it, was that I am considering getting an Idaho cc permit so that I can carry my piece all the way down to Texas when I move my daughter down there this fall.

I just happened to look at my CCW permit the other day and noticed that it had expired over three months ago.
Multnomah County use to mail me a renewal form in the past, but come to find out that they have discontinued that practice more then two years ago.
So, just a heads up for anyone carrying one from Multnomah County.

Once it expires they're not going to make you go through the whole class and every thing are they? What's the waiting time currently to get a valid permit back in the pocket?

Checking mine now! 3/12/16.....Wow, Wifey's expiration 7/15. Thanks for bringing this up jbett!!

It's the same process whether you're currant or expired.
You fill out a questionnaire and pay the man $50.00.
They take a new photo and run a background check to make sure you haven't lied about anything on the form.
They do confiscate your expired permit card, since it isn't valid anymore.

In Deschutes county they do mail a reminder of expiration (wife just got one) but this time you must have a valid birth certificate to complete your renewal?.

Seems anymore you need a birth certificate to do anything! My stepdad who is 80, ex military and Native American, was born on a reservation in Oklahoma at home with no birth certificate and is now playing HELL trying to renew his Oregon drivers license?. Seems the only thing you can do without one is become President!!. (Sorry, off topic).

Last Edited:
I learned the hard way that MultCo does not send out renewal notifications. No big deal though...they are always cool to deal with IMO.

Happened to me too last time.. Clack Co. Got used to them sending me a notice/reminder like DMV. They were cool with it.. just a new pic and whatnot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top