JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you live in Mulnomah County , please call!
Deborah Kafoury & Loretta Smith number appear to be a fax machine. See next message for updated contact.

I left a message for Jeff Cogen and spoke to admin assistants for both Judy Shiprack and Diane McKeel who both said they supported the ordinance in the past. I told them that I'm a one issue voter and I'll support any person that opposes them with my time and money.

Please call!

Multnomah County Commissioners to Vote on Restrictive Firearms Ordinance Tomorrow

Last week, the Multnomah Board of County Commissioners unanimously approved a restrictive firearms ordinance cosponsored by Commissioner Deborah Kafoury and Chair Jeff Cogen. The second and final reading of this ordinance will take place tomorrow, April 25, at 9:30 am in Board Room 100 of the Multnomah Building located at 501 SE Hawthorne Boulevard in Portland.

One of the misguided provisions of the ordinance includes reporting the loss or theft of a firearm within 48 hours of "knowing" a firearm is stolen. This type of proposed law irresponsibly targets innocent citizens who are in fact victims of crimes themselves - who might be grieving or hospitalized during this arbitrary 48 hour period. Failure to report will result in a fine of $2,500. Another flawed provision in the ordinance limits the ability for self-defense in public places. A full explanation of the ordinance, which will take effect thirty days after passage, can be found here.

Please attend and speak against these unnecessary restrictions on law-abiding gun owners. Contact the County Commissioners (using the information provided below) and urge them to vote against this ordinance, and instead introduce laws that will solve existing crime problems.

If you wish to speak, please arrive in time to complete a speaker form prior to the start of this meeting. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person or less, at the Chair's discretion. For more information on public comment and submitting testimony, please see the guidelines here.

Contact all County Commissioners today and ask them to focus on REAL solutions – not on failed policies that target law-abiding gun owners and have no effect on crime.
Multnomah County Commissioners:

Commissioner Jeff Cogen, Chair

Phone: 503-988-3308

Commissioner Deborah Kafoury

Phone: 503-988-3093

Commissioner Loretta Smith

Phone: 503-988-3093

Commissioner Judy Shiprack

Phone: 503-988-5217

Commissioner Diane McKeel

Phone: 503-988-5213

Updated contacts from: Board of County Commissioners | Multnomah County

Chair and Commissioners
Jeff Cogen, County Chair

Position term ends: December 31, 2014
Phone: 503-988-3308, Fax: 503-988-3093
E-mail: [email protected]

Deborah Kafoury, District 1

Position term ends: December 31, 2012
Phone: 503-988-5220, Fax: 503-988-5440

Loretta Smith, District 2

Position term ends: December 31, 2014
Phone: 503-988-5219, Fax: 503-988-5440

Judy Shiprack, District 3

Phone: 503- 988-5217, Fax: 503-988-5262

Diane McKeel, District 4

Phone: 503-988-5213, Fax: 503-988-5262

I called Deborah Kafoury & Loretta Smith who are for it as well. I said my time and money goes to those who oppose them but I'm sure they don't care a bit.

Anyway, they are taking names, so give them a call no matter where you live!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top