JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lucky me my Multnomah County CHP is up for renewal during COVID. It expires 4/10 and the website says they're taking a month to process renewals. I mailed the paperwork and fee back in mid-February and my check was cashed 3/4 but I haven't received my new card in the mail. I figured I'd receive it shortly after the check was cashed and now I'm getting a little concerned because it expires in a week. Been really difficult getting someone on the phone there. Anyone else deal with this recently and what was your experince like? Should I just hang tight? Not really sire I have any other options.

Just chill out. Per Yamhill County cause mine is now past due...

Important note: YOUR CURRENT CHL CONTINUES TO BE VALID FOR UP TO 45 DAYS AFTER YOU APPLY FOR RENEWAL AS LONG AS YOU APPLIED PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR CURRENT CHL. YOU MUST CARRY YOUR CURRENT CHL AND THIS PROOF OF APPLICATION RENEWAL UNTIL YOUR NEW CHL CARD HAS BEEN PROVIDED.

I just called on mine yesterday. They received my renewal Jan 22, and told me to expect my new one by may 1st.
I'm not expired until September, but definitely wanted to be ahead of any processing delays.

I went through this in December. Cashed the check quick but no new card. Left a message and someone called me right back and let me know they were behind and to stop by the office for a temporary paper permit.

Lucky me my Multnomah County CHP is up for renewal during COVID. It expires 4/10 and the website says they're taking a month to process renewals. I mailed the paperwork and fee back in mid-February and my check was cashed 3/4 but I haven't received my new card in the mail. I figured I'd receive it shortly after the check was cashed and now I'm getting a little concerned because it expires in a week. Been really difficult getting someone on the phone there. Anyone else deal with this recently and what was your experince like? Should I just hang tight? Not really sire I have any other options.

There is another thread on the topic of CHL wait times that you might find useful. Multnomah County is taking 2-3 months to process renewals based on some of the most recent posts.

YOUR CURRENT CHL CONTINUES TO BE VALID FOR UP TO 45 DAYS AFTER YOU APPLY FOR RENEWAL AS LONG AS YOU APPLIED PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION OF YOUR CURRENT CHL. YOU MUST CARRY YOUR CURRENT CHL AND THIS PROOF OF APPLICATION RENEWAL UNTIL YOUR NEW CHL CARD HAS BEEN PROVIDED.
[/QUOTE/]

Yup. This. Was in the same boat last year, Lane County. Maybe keep your proof of mailing, payment and application. And you're in Multnomah Co? Steer around tent cities and piles of trash. You'll be fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top