JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, my first forum post. I just took the safety class last night. When I get my appointment to see the sheriff, are they going to ask me a lot of questions pertaining to why I want a carry permit? I know I will get finger printed and my picture taken. Hopefully I posted this in the right topic. Thanks.

Most questions will be " are you a convicted felon", Are you under the care of a doctor for mental issues", etc, etc.
If you are legally eligible, over 21 and pay the fee, you will be issued one.

When I did Washington county it was very simple. Took about 10 minutes, most of which was using the finger print machine that was being finicky. As far as I know the person that helped us was not a law enforcement officer. No questions were asked and it was actually quite a friendly encounter. I did not know what to expect but it was faster and more pleasant than a trip to the DMV.

No questions were asked when I got mine back in February. For the appointment it was just waiting to be called in, fingerprinted, photo taken, money taken, and on my way.

Any WA residents that can comment on the process in Multnomah County ? I'm in Vancouver and travel through Oregon a couple of times a week. I was going to wait until spring and make a trip to see Sheriff Palmer but Portland is a whole lot closer, and I can go next week.

Any WA residents that can comment on the process in Multnomah County ? I'm in Vancouver and travel through Oregon a couple of times a week. I was going to wait until spring and make a trip to see Sheriff Palmer but Portland is a whole lot closer, and I can go next week.
I got mine through Multnomah county no problem a couple years ago.

I wrote:
Dear Sheriff (insert name),

I routinely travel to and within Oregon for business, travel, and vacation. I respectfully request that your office issue me an Oregon Concealed Handgun License so I may carry a hand-gun, in accordance with OR law, for personal protection while within the state of Oregon.

Basically you go down and apply. They will call you (or send a letter, I can't remember) with a date to come back to be photographed and fingerprinted. You will also give them your certificate of "training" and your letter of explanation. I can't remember which visit it is that you have to pay.

I've had my OR permit for about 20 years now. Not a problem to get or renew. I did have to present a letter from my employer stating that it was OK to have a permit. No idea why that would mean anything, but since I ran a business I wrote and signed the letter myself.

Thanks for the response fellas, I will post my experience when I go through it. This makes me very happy.

Sorry for the semi thread jack OP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews