Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

multnomah concealed carry

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by pgprice, Dec 17, 2012.

1. pgprice

pgprice gresham,or New Member

Hello, my first forum post. I just took the safety class last night. When I get my appointment to see the sheriff, are they going to ask me a lot of questions pertaining to why I want a carry permit? I know I will get finger printed and my picture taken. Hopefully I posted this in the right topic. Thanks.

2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Most questions will be " are you a convicted felon", Are you under the care of a doctor for mental issues", etc, etc.
    If you are legally eligible, over 21 and pay the fee, you will be issued one.

3. pgprice

Okay, thanks for the reply.

4. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

When I did Washington county it was very simple. Took about 10 minutes, most of which was using the finger print machine that was being finicky. As far as I know the person that helped us was not a law enforcement officer. No questions were asked and it was actually quite a friendly encounter. I did not know what to expect but it was faster and more pleasant than a trip to the DMV.

5. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

No questions were asked when I got mine back in February. For the appointment it was just waiting to be called in, fingerprinted, photo taken, money taken, and on my way.

6. pgprice

Great...thanks again.

7. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Any WA residents that can comment on the process in Multnomah County ? I'm in Vancouver and travel through Oregon a couple of times a week. I was going to wait until spring and make a trip to see Sheriff Palmer but Portland is a whole lot closer, and I can go next week.

8. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

I got mine through Multnomah county no problem a couple years ago.

I wrote:
    Basically you go down and apply. They will call you (or send a letter, I can't remember) with a date to come back to be photographed and fingerprinted. You will also give them your certificate of "training" and your letter of explanation. I can't remember which visit it is that you have to pay.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I've had my OR permit for about 20 years now. Not a problem to get or renew. I did have to present a letter from my employer stating that it was OK to have a permit. No idea why that would mean anything, but since I ran a business I wrote and signed the letter myself.

10. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you saying you don't have to be a resident of Oregon to get an Oregon CC?

11. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

You must reside in a bordering state.

12. duane black

duane black Washington Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response fellas, I will post my experience when I go through it. This makes me very happy.

Sorry for the semi thread jack OP.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

13. pgprice

Lol...no problem

14. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Residents of OR, WA, ID, NV and CA can apply and receive an OR CHL.