JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun Free Zones ...do nothing but...
Make excellent killing grounds , for those who are bent on committing murder...
After all...only they have a gun there.

A multi layered approach to school security is needed.
With options to include :
The arming of school staff , if they so choose...
A elective non political firearm safety course...
Plans for a school shooting which have both active and passive means of defense and escape...
Legal coverage for school staff which covers their actions when defending themselves or students...
Andy

I like a good chopper hover or flyby as much as the next person especially when warranted.. (Turkey is deporting ISIS/ dashe combatants as they cleanse Syria right now as we write this and who knows where they actually are going to end up..)

The context of the argument here is whether persons that already possess firearms can handle them is not the point the point is having a specialized bonded and insured security that leaves no question, military skills are adequate and certificates may be adequate but from a legal stand point adequate is not enough there should be qualifications that are specialized with commensurate pay.
I no longer have any children in school. Recently in Oregon a school coach disarmed a student with a hug. That's wonderful and the best outcome. Had that ended up shot and no one else hurt, as a parent I am perfectly fine with that as well.

I do not care who protects my child. I just want her protected. As staff protect themselves they also protect those around them. If shooters believe there are defenders around they are less likely to try.

This thread is bugging me for a personal reason:

Last week, I was at the County Courthouse. A Gun Free Zone. My CC card is over-ridden by the law.

And I overheard my friends in the Clerk's Office discussing ingress and egress and concealment. I asked, and they confirmed that they were preparing for an active shooter drill the next day.

The fact the I was watching my friends choose where they would be recovered really hit home. I could 'see' them scrambling in close quarters, lacking a means of escape, victims of a Gun Free Zone.

Then I went back to my office and conducted my own Active Shooter Drill.

I told everyone in the office, "Everyone that is not armed into the safe". I wil let you know when it is safe to come out.

Sadly business are ruled by what insurance companies feel is prudent, the sad truth it leaves people exposed to random violent acts.

In the history of, oh, I don't know, FOREVER, has a gunman ever left a scene because they realized they were in a gun free zone?

Need to make a new meme:

[dude sitting on a campus with a sign - "Gun Free Zones are stupid and ineffective; Change My Mind"].

Exactly. The idea of a "gun free zone" stopping a determined perp has got to be the most intensely idiotic notions in contemporary society. And, yet, policy makers not only retain the idea, but sometimes double down like the administrator morons that run UCC did.

Off topic sorta...

Last week Wifey and I went into MacDee's around 11:00 am. We do that very seldom. They had a deal on big Macs and we still love a big mac on occasion. As we're sitting eating Wifey mentions that we were in a gun free zone. Sure enough. When I turned to look at the door there were something like eight small decals on the glass of the door, red circles with slashes through various things. Mind boggling. Outside that part of town is pretty much a pit. And MacDee's has little decals designating no guns allowed. Things that make you go..:s0153: :s0054: :s0066: :s0070: :s0076: :s0092:

She was carrying. And I had my trusty 4" blade Old Timer on my side as usual.

Off topic sorta...

Last week Wifey and I went into MacDee's around 11:00 am. We do that very seldom. They had a deal on big Macs and we still love a big mac on occasion. As we're sitting eating Wifey mentions that we were in a gun free zone. Sure enough. When I turned to look at the door there were something like eight small decals on the glass of the door, red circles with slashes through various things. Mind boggling. Outside that part of town is pretty much a pit. And MacDee's has little decals designating no guns allowed. Things that make you go..:s0153: :s0054: :s0066: :s0070: :s0076: :s0092:

She was carrying. And I had my trusty 4" blade Old Timer on my side as usual.
If there's no metal detector or it's not a federal building, I'm carrying. Period. I always ask myself, self, would the bad guy pay attention to that non-sensicle sticker... That's always a good determining factor...

If there's no metal detector or it's not a federal building, I'm carrying. Period. I always ask myself, self, would the bad guy pay attention to that non-sensicle sticker... That's always a good determining factor...

That's what I'm talking about! I din see no stinking sign.

Spot on as usual...

Colion Noir for President!!!

Yes but....Who listens to him? I really like the guy, he's one of us. He's a beautiful, smart, well spoken man. But all of us are in an echo chamber echoing every day. I don't think Colion gets heard or noticed by anyone other than us? And that does what good for freedom in this country? I'm not saying he shouldn't be doing what he's doing.

Many kids already feel as if they are going into a war zone every school day, and in many ways they are... at the very least they are entering a "victim zone" because not much is being done to defend those places. Antis think that banning firearms is the answer, yet logic instantly shows that our society will never rid itself of all firearms. Logic then would dictate other measures be taken, instead we do nothing. <sigh>

Next-School-Shooter.jpg

Aloha, Mark

keywords
Clarita CA Cali Calif Saugus
Nathaniel Berhow.

Sooo, politician (I forget which one) says that the NRA needs to be held accountable.... I wonder what that looks like. Shut them down (ban them, break them up, delete them), ban their speeches and press releases, ban their publications, ban their lobbyists, fine them a zillion dollars, what??? What is it they want to do? I wish they would come out and say it... spell it out!!!

Last Edited:
As of Friday, investigators had identified six firearms that were registered to the suspect's late father, and all of those weapons have been accounted for — but the gun used by Berhow was not one of them, he said.

Villanueva said there were several firearms recovered from the house that "were not the ones registered to the father. Some of these firearms were not registered at all.

Taken from: Saugus High School Remains Closed, Other District High Schools Reopen - MyNewsLA.com

Under the disguise of "reasonable and common sense". I can sort of guess, where the debate will lead next.

Unfortunately, many people have no clue how gun registration records can be misused. See my above post, if you've forgotten already.

Aloha, Mark

Yes but....Who listens to him? I really like the guy, he's one of us. He's a beautiful, smart, well spoken man. But all of us are in an echo chamber echoing every day. I don't think Colion gets heard or noticed by anyone other than us? And that does what good for freedom in this country? I'm not saying he shouldn't be doing what he's doing.

Smart people. Mr. Noir's video has ~114K views in one day, and he has 1.12M Subscribers (6X the NRA channel).

And if every one of those 1.12M subscribers were for forward it on to a few people, LOTS of people get the message.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top