JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Raised on violent video games, never taught the purpose and value of human life.

What do we reasonably expect?

May the deceased rest in peace and may their loved ones be comforted in their time of sorrow.

On the radio this morning I heard reports of schoolkids saying they "knew this was coming"!! WTF??? Soooo, another Parkland HS type of deal where "see something, say something" gets absolutely no response from the people in charge?

I also heard clips of Mr. Bill Clinton ranting about how another "Assault Weapon" ban is needed, right now! Wait a minute, I thought a .45 was used???

Sad.

Kid needed help. No one helped him. No one saw his pains. He was just a kid.

No matter the political spin job.

NO ONE IS TRULY HELPING THESE KIDS!

If these kids had outlets like we did back when, we weren't held to such high political correctness standards. Had less digital footprints. We were just freaking kids.

Less of this would happen IMO because we are not raising children anymore.

I bet that kid felt like he had no other way out, filled with anger and hate, such a sad story to add to the now growing number of sad stories where a kid was just ignored.

Now we will call him evil names, and look at him in disgrace and disgust.

Sad...

Prayers for the victims and there families

We are living in a broken society :(

I wasnt there for it but I hear the old storys of high school parking lots, pickup trucks and gun racks. Hunting before/after school and not a shooting to be heard of.

I do remember 4/20/99, being in class an seeing the reports on Columbine coming in. It was a real oh $h#t! moment.

It seems in todays more "progressive" "diverse" America where God, family, respect , and personal responsibility are all being tossed out the window, these shooting have become a common/regular occurence.

I think any rational thinker can see, guns are not what is causing young people to feel the need to hurt people.
Young people WANTING to hurt others is the issue that needs to be solved, not guns.
AMEN! When we removed God from our schools, we tossed out respect of life.

From the article:
"The area fosters a "pervasive and reckless" gun culture."

WTF, seriously... wtf is that? Some "journalists" hot take on the local situation. Did his prius get passed by a pickup truck with Yosemite Sam mud flaps?

Can we get a divorce as a country yet? They already live like they are separated from reality, lets just make it official.

Indeed. My wife is a high school teacher. She is a trained, experienced shooter, carries concealed with the appropriate license and is a pretty good shot. But in her classroom she's disarmed. Makes zero sense. :mad:
I am in charge of the facilities maintenance and landscape for a private school. Per policy Im not even allowed to carry a multitool if it has a blade but I can have a box knife in my tool bag (figure that one out):confused:. If allowed to carry I would foot the bill for any training needed for myself and as many other staff as I could afford. On a different note over the last several years I have overseen the hardening of all our buildings and grounds. It doesn't matter what you do to secure the place though if some staff members pay so little attention that they leave doors open. I continually tell my superiors that all it takes is one time. My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy today.

I went to Catholic school, sooooo... at the time I would have liked to see fewer nuns. Those 3' pointer sticks left a wicked welt! Fear of God.... NOPE, fear of NUN!!! :eek:
Yup, those pointer sticks across the knuckles were enough to make the eyes well up... But one thing it did do was help teach respect, through the administration of pain...

Yup, those pointer sticks across the knuckles were enough to make the eyes well up... But one thing it did do was help teach respect, through the administration of pain...

You think something is missing in today's parental disciplining and that of schools???

That zero-tolerance bullying policy is working about as well as the gun-free policy. But everyone feels good about doing "something" (read as nothing), so the problem must be solved.

That zero-tolerance bullying policy is working about as well as the gun-free policy. But everyone feels good about doing "something" (read as nothing), so the problem must be solved.

This right here. Bullying was bad when I was in school, late 60's - mid 70's but at least we could duke it out to stop it. Nowadays these kids can't say BOO but yet affluent students get away with it cuz Daddy's a big wig!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Nothing that was done here was legal at any point. No "loophole" was exploited.
This will not matter to the antis.
They will step it up a few 'notches', bypass this level of reasoning and suggest more restrictive laws and conditions that will make it harder for legal persons to have/acquire guns so as to prevent a 'trickledown' and therefore make it harder for the non-legal people to acquire guns.

Last Edited:
"Hey, we hate Trump, we need to find some reason to pin something to him.. let us find a distraction..."

"Hey, our Russian interference with US Elections is failing... we need a distraction..."

"Hey, Epstein is tied to a multinational sex trafficking ring, photos of Bill Clinton are showing up.. we need a distraction..."

"Hey, Biden is getting grilled on his sons interference in the Ukraine... we need a distraction.."

"Hey, our top Democrat presidential candidates are flopping in the polls... we need a distraction.."

"Hey, Epstein's 'suicide' is going sideways... we need a distraction.."

"Hey, Trump's phone call to the Ukraine shows nothing... we need a distraction..."

"Hey, our impeachment program is failing... we need a distraction..."

"Hey, _______________________________... we need a distraction.."

This should sum it up for the last year or so. Anyone disagree?

I didn't think so..

Last Edited:
I went to Catholic school, sooooo... at the time I would have liked to see fewer nuns. Those 3' pointer sticks left a wicked welt! Fear of God.... NOPE, fear of NUN!!! :eek:

The fundamental basis of authority is 'Do it my way, or I'll hurt you.'

If you are not able to apply meaningful negative consequences, you are simply making suggestions.

The anti bullying policies don't stop bullying, they stop kids from hitting back.

Like every other progressive policy, it is designed to remove power and decision making from the individual and give it to a committee.

Was the kid on psychotropics?

According to reports, his dad dropped dead from a heart attack two years ago and it was the kid who found him, so it is possible he was getting some sort of therapy. It sounds like he and his mother were close but also quiet people. Students who knew him reportedly said that it was surprising he would do that. His dad was an avid hunter (I suspect that was the source of the pistol (a .45) but no reports claim that -- that's me speculating).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top