JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So haven't had the best of days, which started with Bimart in McMinnville telling me they would hold a mossberg 2 barrel combo for me only to get down there and find them sold out, and which just ended with coming home to find EAA had sent me the wrong barrel for my witness after calling 5 times to make sure they got me the right one. O and truck blew a clutch slave cylinder, I had to get a tow and replace that in a parking lot of a parts store before getting to a bimart that had what I was after...

Anyway to the topic on hand when I was finally pointed to the Bimart in Woodburn and got there after the vehicle mishap I was told after filling out the background check I would need to return to get the shotgun on Wednesday. Apparently I was put on a hold cue for processing and there where 73 people in front of me. I have never experienced this before, ever, and I have a CHL which I would think would speed up the process. I'm not even really mad about having to wait a few days, I've just never experienced this before and did not expect it. I highly doubt I would have traveled that far from Beaverton if I had any idea that I would be told I must return at a later date to retrieve the gun. Anyone ever had this happen before, or am I just having a very bad day?

I love Bi-Mart. Friendly employees, great prices, and the crowd that shops there always seems to be pleasant.

That said, their background check system for firearms purchases is ANTIQUATED. They call in their background checks, which means they can usually only process one or two at a time, and they must wait until those checks are finished before submitting new ones. The current wait time for background checks in Oregon is around 2.5 hours. So if the Woodburn Bi-Mart sold a bunch of guns over the last week (which they undoubtedly did), they are processing 1 or 2 of them every couple of hours.

Most gun stores submit their background checks online, and when you do it online you can submit as many as you want at once. So in theory, if you sold 70 guns, you could submit all 70 background checks into the online system and they would be processed in the order received.

Before the buying craze sparked by the Sandy Hook shooting, background checks only took about 15 minutes (online or by phone), so that's why you may not have noticed any delay with Bi-Mart in the past.

He called no one and did this all threw a computer. I asked if he could just call it in to make it faster and was told it would only take longer.

He called no one and did this all threw a computer. I asked if he could just call it in to make it faster and was told it would only take longer.
Maybe it's just my local Bi-Mart. Every time I see someone buying a firearm there, the sporting goods employee has the phone glued to their ear while they wait for the background check to be processed.

Stopped by my local shop day before yesterday and a guy was number 471 in que, and an hour later another guy was 500 something.....Neither were waiting around.

Seems to be going around these days.
As for clutch problems, we have all had those kinda days..

My son bought a rifle at Olies in Salem Corin did the BGC on her laptop. As soon as she logged it in she told us my son was #469 in line. She took our phone numbers and we went to a movie. 4 hours later he went down and picked up his new rifle.

I here all these people talking about long wait times? I just purchased a pistol last Thursday at 4 pm in the afternoon. BG check took maybe 20 mins at the most? I think I waited in line longer since everyone and there brother and sister were looking at guns:s0114:

Stopped buy a Bi-Mart yesterday and saw the Rem 700 SPS on sale hmmmmm started thinking then asked how long for the BG check? Clerk said they had a few the day before take only 15 mins? I ended up passing on the gun as it was the only one who wants a floor model:s0114: Not sure if it is where you go or ?

Yup ... last week at the gun show my buddy who is an FFL had to wait 50 minutes on hold for a NICS check. And BTW they're usually done through the phone. Sometimes you may get an answer by e-mail or text message, but you have to call them in. Very few dealers have access to their web-based NICS because you have to have a dedicated computer ONLY for that. My 2c ... I think these days is customary for people to wait a couple of days for NICS ... they are absolutely backed-up because of the "assault gun" frenzy ...

I've got a lower coming to me via FFL transfer pretty soon just because of this wait. Found it down in Eugene, and I was just getting ready to head that way so I could get it ASAP, when the guy mentioned the possible 2-3 hour wait for the BGC. It was a day off for me, so i was just going to be watching TV and playing video games, but having a 4 hour roundtrip drive with a possible 3 hour wait in a town I don't know didn't sound so appealing, LOL! So instead, doing my first FFL transfer, and the place is pretty close to home, so I can wander off while waiting and do something constructive with my time... like watch TV and play video games!

I've got a lower coming to me via FFL transfer pretty soon just because of this wait. Found it down in Eugene, and I was just getting ready to head that way so I could get it ASAP, when the guy mentioned the possible 2-3 hour wait for the BGC. It was a day off for me, so i was just going to be watching TV and playing video games, but having a 4 hour roundtrip drive with a possible 3 hour wait in a town I don't know didn't sound so appealing, LOL! So instead, doing my first FFL transfer, and the place is pretty close to home, so I can wander off while waiting and do something constructive with my time... like watch TV and play video games!

I bought a couple lowers 2 days ago and the ffl said the same wait time but i got there and it took less than 10 min to get thru for bgc.. i think everyone is sold out of everything so the wait time is back to normal again

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

GF and I bought guns last Saturday. Dealer submitted my BGC and in 10 mins I was done. My GF was on the fence about buying something and then said, "why not?" so she fills it out and probably less than four minutes from the time it took for mine to pass and for the dealer to submit hers, the queue was 479 people long.

Almost 5 hours later she passed. Absolute madness I tell ya. Can February come yet and we can be on our way back to normalcy?

Well I get to drive back and pickup my shotgun today. Its my birthday so maybe it just really really wanted to be a birthday present. =) If I really have birthday magic maybe I will stumble on a $15 Pmag while checking out the Walmart down there or something.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top