JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So came home early from a mule deer hunt in the Beulah unit. I have never seen so few deer and no bucks. In four days of hunting we saw 15 deer. Many of those were does with no fawns. I talked to a guy hunting 6,000 acres of private land in the Sumpter unit and they were not seeing any deer either. Of all the camps we drove by we only saw one deer hanging.

I'm interested to hear everyone else's experience this year.

We did see more deer, but those were from the paved roads near civilizations. In fact on the drive home we saw at least 15 deer near Prairie City, John Day and Mt. Vernon.

We are thinking the cougars are getting most of the fawns and the deer population is getting wiped out. For the last ten years it has been a slow and steady decline of the number of deer we see and bucks we harvest.

its been pretty good in ukiah unit. we have 3 bucks in camp right now including mine i shot today. i started a thread in "northwest hunting" section.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top