JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

Death toll is now 14 with 108 on the missing list. Not good at all!!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I believe my neighbor lost her uncle and aunt I'm not sure I didn't want to ask... And we have a friend of a friend lost all of her stuff but she is lucky.

The photos are unreal. I hope everyone Who was effected by this a speedy recovery.

As of today.......1 square mile of hillside came down. 40 strucutures were demolished. 25 of those were homes. The missing list has increased to 167 and they found a couple more bodies today. The town of Darrington is completely shut off. In some spots the mud is 30 feet deep. They did find a dog alive today under a bunch of rubble. A chocolate lab named "Buddy".

mrs tac and me are thinking about all the poor folks in Oso right now - the news here in UK about it is about as extensive as yours. The before and after shots of the area are just horrifying.

Poor Washington.

tac

Komo news just reported that over 15 million cubic yards of earth fell.

Well that may not be the last either. The rest of the hill side is the same material.
Maybe this place had a small stream running right there? Maybe it was just all the rain. If it was just all the rain,the rest of the neighborhood should be worried.
Well after the river cuts back to where it was.

This is not far from where I live.. I was even considering doing hiking in this area later in the Spring.. Even, Iwas looking at living in Darrington to live before I ended up where I am now..

My prayers go out to the people, family and friends of those who have endured suffering from this tragic event. It's hard to believe a disaster of this degree can happen so close to home.

I also may reconsider some areas I want to go hiking if they may be in mudslide disaster zones. This mudslide made the news because it happened in a populated area, but I wonder what dangers these mudslides pose to hikers and campers in this area.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top