JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
March 18, 2017, 9 AM - 12 Noon

36 Pit Cleanup, Mt Hood National Forest, Hwy 224 at the 36 Pit.

cleanupcover600.jpg

Sponsored by; Trash No Land, USFS Mt Hood National Forest, Clackamas County Dump Stoppers and Northwest Firearms.

Google Maps: Google Maps 11 miles East of Estacada on Hwy 224

GPS: 45.196422, -122.180072

BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch), outdoor clothes, boots & gloves.

BYVS! (Bring Your Volunteer Spirit!)

googleearth36pit400.jpg

This is a small area and won't take long to cleanup. It sees a lot of use and gets messy often. It's a place we need to keep in good condition.

Bring some toys for some fun & safe recreational shooting after the cleanup!

If you value the privilege of free recreation in Mt. Hood National Forest, join Trash No Land, Northwest Firearms, USFS and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers as we take a stand against trash on public land.

Together, we're going to make a difference!

I'll be there!
I will bring extra stuff if anyone needs anything..
This is kind of my "pet" shooting area,and I often grab a bag of garbage from it.
It sure needs the help,as it's HIGHLY trashed.
I'd hate for it to get closed down as it's the closest place to me to function test my new purchases ;)
Contact me if anyone needs help getting here or with tools,bags,etc.

I have a feeling we may have too many people there! Wouldn't that be something! Reason being, it's a small pit and it won't take long to clean. Would be nice to get some other areas cleaned up but I'm afraid they are several miles away. We'll play that by ear.

The USFS has been rather aggressive on promoting this event! Their Facebook page has shared my FB Event page and then it got shared several more times after that! Who knows how many will show up?! The shooting part will certainly be fun!

The official event announcement was posted earlier this week: Trash No Land Events

Time to do some good on the Hood!

Bill

March 18, 2017, 9 AM - 12 Noon

36 Pit Cleanup, Mt Hood National Forest, Hwy 224 at the 36 Pit.

View attachment 347008

Sponsored by; Trash No Land, USFS Mt Hood National Forest, Clackamas County Dump Stoppers and Northwest Firearms.

Google Maps: Google Maps 11 miles East of Estacada on Hwy 224

GPS: 45.196422, -122.180072

BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch), outdoor clothes, boots & gloves.

BYVS! (Bring Your Volunteer Spirit!)

View attachment 347009

This is a small area and won't take long to cleanup. It sees a lot of use and gets messy often. It's a place we need to keep in good condition.

Bring some toys for some fun & safe recreational shooting after the cleanup!

If you value the privilege of free recreation in Mt. Hood National Forest, join Trash No Land, Northwest Firearms, USFS and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers as we take a stand against trash on public land.

Together, we're going to make a difference!
Pops and I might be able to make it. Will keep ya posted.

I have a feeling we may have too many people there! Wouldn't that be something! Reason being, it's a small pit and it won't take long to clean. Would be nice to get some other areas cleaned up but I'm afraid they are several miles away. We'll play that by ear.

The USFS has been rather aggressive on promoting this event! Their Facebook page has shared my FB Event page and then it got shared several more times after that! Who knows how many will show up?! The shooting part will certainly be fun!

The official event announcement was posted earlier this week: Trash No Land Events

Time to do some good on the Hood!

Bill

I added the poll to get a count for at least the folks on here to tally up.

Can you add polls / RSVP to your event announcements on Trash No Land?

We've never had too many before!

I added the poll to get a count for at least the folks on here to tally up.

Can you add polls / RSVP to your event announcements on Trash No Land?

We've never had too many before!
Haven't done the 'Vote Box' thing on the web page yet. I'm sure I can do one now that I learned how to do the volunteer registration form (that was a challenge! I had to learn a bit about php!) That whole events page will be changing anyway. It works for now, but I know it could be much better.

You're right. We've never had too many before!

Haven't done the 'Vote Box' thing on the web page yet. I'm sure I can do one now that I learned how to do the volunteer registration form (that was a challenge! I had to learn a bit about php!) That whole events page will be changing anyway. It works for now, but I know it could be much better.

You're right. We've never had too many before!

Well you have the "going/not going" on the facebook as well. If you need some help with the web stuff, I'm not the strongest with PHP but what doesn't kill me makes me a better coder.

I wonder if it would be okay to cut back some of those blackberry bushes on the corner? May help the safety issue as people approach the shooting area.

Perhaps we could remove some of those logs and drag the off into the side woods. Could help in reducing fire potential.

Just thinking of ways to help make it a better place to shoot.

Bill

We visited for our first time this weekend, looking for a place for my son to shoot his BB gun and possibly see some cool guns. Was bummed out by the trash and general disregard for the location. What a coincidence I stumbled upon this cleanup soon after. We carried out a bag of shells, but we will be back to help on the 18th!

We had planned on heading up the road across from Promontory Park, but were greeted with NO TARGET SHOOTING signs. A local referred us to the pit, and said it was a legit shooting place where events were occasionally held. I was just expecting a cleaner spot, I suppose. I'm new to the forum, and was attracted by the fact that many on here seem like responsible hobbyists who make respect for the shooting spots a priority. Been shooting for most of my life, and never would have thought to head out and leave a ton of trash behind me anywhere. I know it only takes a few irresponsible shooters to trash a place in a hurry. Glad I found a group that helps out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top