JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
UPDATE.... This is what we have, and what we NEED....

We have;
  • Dining canopies (Have 1 for Sign-in... Cogs).
  • Dining canopy & Coleman Kitchen Table. Will bring paper towels, handsoap, some folding tables & chairs. (neuwallisdorf).
  • Tables (Have 4+ = for sign-in and serving. USFS & Cogs).
  • Grill (echase1793)
  • Hot Dogs W/buns (Have 24... Cogs. Need another 24).
  • Hamburger patties W/buns (Have 32... FordPerfect).
  • Relish (31Kwiredog)
  • Lettuce, tomatoes, potato salad and BBQ sauce (Donna B).
  • Propane coffee pot (echase1793)
  • Two burner stove and large coffee pot (Bodygaurd)
  • Coffee creamer (we have more than enough from last clean up)
  • Cook (echase1793. Need a kitchen assistant)
  • Donuts (Have 2 dozen... 31Kwiredog That should do it. Thank you!)
  • Paper Plates, Plastic Forks, Napkins, Coffee grounds & Cups (Cogs)
  • Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, , (John Diana).
NEED
  • Hot Dogs W/buns (need 24 more).
  • Salt & pepper?
  • Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to USFS & NWFA sheets & hand out raffle tickets).
  • Kitchen Assistant (Food prep and buffet line up)
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Ear plugs (for those who forgot).
  • Other ideas of something you could bring or to help out?
If you would help with the We NEED section, please post here.

Thank you all for your contributions!!!

UPDATE.... This is what we have, and what
NEED

I keep a large handful of earplugs in my range bag. All nicely packaged and ready for use.

On a side note, I just opened a RAW image in Photoshop and it is coming up with 350dpi.

I keep a large handful of earplugs in my range bag. All nicely packaged and ready for use.

On a side note, I just opened a RAW image in Photoshop and it is coming up with 350dpi.
Excellent! :) I'll work up a list of the kind of photo's we'll need and get it to you before the event. There's certain ones we'd like to get. Also, shoot what you like and be as creative as you like. I'll be fairly busy most of the time but will make time to help set up for certain shots.

We are way behind on these photo's. It's been the biggest delay for getting our target shooter code of ethics brochure done. The photo's I have are just not good enough dp size for print.

Thank you!

Bill

Excellent! :) I'll work up a list of the kind of photo's we'll need and get it to you before the event. There's certain ones we'd like to get. Also, shoot what you like and be as creative as you like. I'll be fairly busy most of the time but will make time to help set up for certain shots.

We are way behind on these photo's. It's been the biggest delay for getting our target shooter code of ethics brochure done. The photo's I have are just not good enough dp size for print.

Thank you!

Bill

No problem at all. I'm glad I am finally able to get to one of these. Now if I could just figure out why they keep closing the gate at my favorite place to shoot near the Molalla River. It opens up right around hunting time but unfortunately I cannot keep up on cleaning it up and becomes a pig stye within a few weeks.

One week till cleanup date. We have 18 'Going' votes'. That translates to about 25 with spouses and family. (Another 15 voted 'Interested'). In addition, there will be several USFS representatives attending. There is the un-measurable factors of some who have seen the fliers in stores and may arrive without voting. We expect the attendance number to reach 35 to 40.

This week we will be posting about more prizes being contributed to this event. Sportsman's Warehouse on SE 82nd Portland and Rapid Fire Arms LLC in Sandy will be confirming soon and we'll post those items.

The Barbecue needs are almost taken care of. Only a couple more items and a couple people are needed to fill the remaining positions.

NEED
Hot Dogs W/buns (need 24 or more).
Salt & pepper shakers?

People Needed
Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to USFS & NWFA sheets & hand out raffle tickets).
Kitchen Assistant (Food prep and buffet line up)
Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).

Almost forgot... Weather. We need GOOD WEATHER! Thank you.

Is this info for a 'rally point' or the actual area that we'll be cleaning up?
Both. It's a dead end cul-de-sac with 2 old dead end spur roads shut down. USFS has made improvements to those old spurs that lend themselves well to target shooting. The map leads to the meeting place in the cul-de-sac.

If we have too many people for this job, perhaps we'll send a party or two out to cleanup any nearby trash they see. At this point, with the volume of volunteers we have, we may be done early and be able to get to the fun stuff (important stuff). Shootin! :)

Cogs

Both. It's a dead end cul-de-sac with 2 old dead end spur roads shut down. USFS has made improvements to those old spurs that lend themselves well to target shooting. The map leads to the meeting place in the cul-de-sac.

If we have too many people for this job, perhaps we'll send a party or two out to cleanup any nearby trash they see. At this point, with the volume of volunteers we have, we may be done early and be able to get to the fun stuff (important stuff). Shootin! :)

Cogs

Sounds great- thanks for the info.

UPDATE.... This is what we have, and what we NEED....

We have;
  • Dining canopies (Have 1 for Sign-in... Cogs).
  • Dining canopy & Coleman Kitchen Table. Will bring paper towels, handsoap, some folding tables & chairs. (neuwallisdorf).
  • Tables (Have 4+ = for sign-in and serving. USFS & Cogs).
  • Grill (echase1793)
  • Hot Dogs W/buns (Have 24... Cogs. Need another 24).
  • Hamburger patties W/buns (Have 32... FordPerfect).
  • Relish (31Kwiredog)
  • Lettuce, tomatoes, potato salad and BBQ sauce (Donna B).
  • Propane coffee pot (echase1793)
  • Two burner stove and large coffee pot (Bodygaurd)
  • Coffee creamer (we have more than enough from last clean up)
  • Cook (echase1793. Need a kitchen assistant)
  • Donuts (Have 2 dozen... 31Kwiredog That should do it. Thank you!)
  • Paper Plates, Plastic Forks, Napkins, Coffee grounds & Cups (Cogs)
  • Mayo, Ketchup, Mustard, , (John Diana).
NEED
  • Hot Dogs W/buns (need 24 more).
  • Salt & pepper?
  • Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to USFS & NWFA sheets & hand out raffle tickets).
  • Kitchen Assistant (Food prep and buffet line up)
  • Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).
  • Other ideas of something you could bring or to help out?

Thank you all for your contributions!!!
I have 3 extra ear protection that I will bring.

Hello, I'm volunteering at this Saturday's clean up and this is my first time doing this kind of activity.

I would like to participate at the target shooting after, but only have a 9mm Ruger. Is this type of gun okay?

Hello, I'm volunteering at this Saturday's clean up and this is my first time doing this kind of activity.

I would like to participate at the target shooting after, but only have a 9mm Ruger. Is this type of gun okay?
Also, it says to bring appropriate legal targets. Is this the kind of paper target you get at a shooting range?

One week till cleanup date. We have 18 'Going' votes'. That translates to about 25 with spouses and family. (Another 15 voted 'Interested'). In addition, there will be several USFS representatives attending. There is the un-measurable factors of some who have seen the fliers in stores and may arrive without voting. We expect the attendance number to reach 35 to 40.

This week we will be posting about more prizes being contributed to this event. Sportsman's Warehouse on SE 82nd Portland and Rapid Fire Arms LLC in Sandy will be confirming soon and we'll post those items.

The Barbecue needs are almost taken care of. Only a couple more items and a couple people are needed to fill the remaining positions.

NEED
Hot Dogs W/buns (need 24 or more).
Salt & pepper shakers?

People Needed
Sign-in attendant (help people sign in to USFS & NWFA sheets & hand out raffle tickets).
Kitchen Assistant (Food prep and buffet line up)
Parking assistant (direct traffic to available spaces).

Almost forgot... Weather. We need GOOD WEATHER! Thank you.
I can do sign in, kitchen, or parking assistant.

I can do sign in, kitchen, or parking assistant.
Hi Yola, thanks for throwing in on this! We'll have a great time.

The sign-in really needs your help. You could do that part. After sign in, and before lunch, you may be needed to help in with the BBQ part, if you like.

Legal targets could be paper type or metal or self healing types. As long as it's a 'manufacturered' target designed for target shooting.

We start at 9 so be there a few mins early and we'll go over the sign-in routine.

Thanks again, looking forward to meeting you.

Cogs

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top