JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

All set! Everyone should now have their 2016 volunteer badges :D

I was unable to find @PDXrifleman and @ococojack, so please message me if you wrote down one of these usernames in error. Also message me if you were there but your name wasn't on the list.

Thanks again!

Mt. Hood Forest is also seeking one or more folks to volunteer to "adopt" the improved Wildcat site -- to periodically visit and help maintain the information board, the soon-to-come brochure dispenser, clean up managable litter and report heavy stuff to the USFS and Clackamas County Dumpstoppers. Any takers?

I've been up there twice in the last month... I would do that

Mt. Hood Forest is also seeking one or more folks to volunteer to "adopt" the improved Wildcat site -- to periodically visit and help maintain the information board, the soon-to-come brochure dispenser, clean up managable litter and report heavy stuff to the USFS and Clackamas County Dumpstoppers. Any takers?

I can also help with that, I don't live too far away.

Yeah and I am willing to go up there and give things a touch up also. I think if 2 or 3 of us keep eyes on it things will be better on the whole. I have a pickup so we have a way to haul stuff out. Waiting to hear back about this.

Yeah and I am willing to go up there and give things a touch up also. I think if 2 or 3 of us keep eyes on it things will be better on the whole. I have a pickup so we have a way to haul stuff out. Waiting to hear back about this.
Thanks guys! I started a 'group' private message with @rangerlars . Included all 3 of your user names so you all get the same info. He'll cover all the other details with you. Also let him know if you'd like to help in the info booth from time to time.

Thanks again for stepping up to help make this happen!

Bill

@Cogs On behalf of Clackamas County Dump Stoppers, I want to thank you and all the Northwest Firearms members who participated in the cleanup this past Saturday at Wildcat and all the cleanups you do. What a great service to the community and to the agencies and landowners who manage these lands. It looks like it was really well-organized and an awful lot of great work was accomplished. We are glad that Dump Stoppers could help with the project. Dave Chase may have mentioned that Dump Stoppers is funded by grants that we have to apply for and we are always competing with other worthwhile resource management projects to get the money. I think that name recognition of the Dump Stoppers program and what we do helps us to get funding. For future cleanup projects on the Mt. Hood National Forest that happen within Clackamas County, could you please add "Clackamas County Dump Stoppers" as an event sponsor when you publicize the event? We would really appreciate it.

Again, I thank and salute you and all of the Northwest Firearms members who donate their time and gas and hard work and sweat to make these great cleanup projects such a success. Bravo!
Molly McKnight, Clackamas County Parks & Forest

Thanks guys! I started a 'group' private message with @rangerlars . Included all 3 of your user names so you all get the same info. He'll cover all the other details with you. Also let him know if you'd like to help in the info booth from time to time.

Thanks again for stepping up to help make this happen!

Bill

Don't forget about me! ;)

@Cogs On behalf of Clackamas County Dump Stoppers, I want to thank you and all the Northwest Firearms members who participated in the cleanup this past Saturday at Wildcat and all the cleanups you do. What a great service to the community and to the agencies and landowners who manage these lands. It looks like it was really well-organized and an awful lot of great work was accomplished. We are glad that Dump Stoppers could help with the project. Dave Chase may have mentioned that Dump Stoppers is funded by grants that we have to apply for and we are always competing with other worthwhile resource management projects to get the money. I think that name recognition of the Dump Stoppers program and what we do helps us to get funding. For future cleanup projects on the Mt. Hood National Forest that happen within Clackamas County, could you please add "Clackamas County Dump Stoppers" as an event sponsor when you publicize the event? We would really appreciate it.

Again, I thank and salute you and all of the Northwest Firearms members who donate their time and gas and hard work and sweat to make these great cleanup projects such a success. Bravo!
Molly McKnight, Clackamas County Parks & Forest
Thank you very much, Molly, @mooliomck , for commenting and offering those supportive words. A greater thank you goes out to all of you at Clackamas County Dump Stoppers!!! Your service is greatly appreciated.

I now see it was not written as Dump Stoppers being a sponsor. Don't know how I left that out because the past cleanups included Dump Stoppers as a primary sponsor. And indeed you are!

I edited that info and it is now there at the beginning of this cleanup thread. Better late than never! I certainly will be sure to include it in all the Mt Hood cleanups from here out.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say; Northwest Firearms prefers the services, willingness, attitudes, promptness, team spirit and extra efforts afforded us by Clackamas County Dump Stoppers. Those qualities, combined in one organization, are vital to the success of our mutual goal, which is to enhance recreation for all users. We salute your organization!

Bill Cogley
Volunteer Coordinator

I am wondering if we will hear anything from the dump stoppers from the pill bottles we found with the "family" garbage on the hill that was recovered. I would like to know if they found these people and issued a ticket to them for dumping? I know it takes time but this would be good closure for the mess they left.

I am wondering if we will hear anything from the dump stoppers from the pill bottles we found with the "family" garbage on the hill that was recovered. I would like to know if they found these people and issued a ticket to them for dumping? I know it takes time but this would be good closure for the mess they left.
Just don't post their names on social media. Lots of trouble can come of that.

I'm thinking of a recent incident where a guy found garbage at a public camping area in a forest in Southern Oregon. He found a name and address on a piece of paper and posted a picture of it on Facebook. It spread all over social media and tons of people bashed the girl whose name was on the paper. They found her on Facebook and harassed her with messages of all kinds. Her name was ruined.

Come to find out, yes, she had been there. She goes often. She cleans it and cares for it on a regular basis. She has a well known reputation for looking out for that place and has lots of special memories there. She has witnesses to prove her good stewardship for this place.

She left a trash bag there for others to use in an effort to keep the place clean. Someone, or animal, tore up the bag and spread the garbage around. And now she's treated like the trash they found.

So you never know if they really are the culprit or not. Garbage theft is also a possibility and the thief would likely dump it in the woods once they're done going through it. It would be hard to nail someone without actually catching them in the act.

Pack a camera, paper and pencil. Observe, keep distance, don't confront, take pics and write down the details (lic #, clothing, ect...). Call the sheriff's office with your report. That's about all we can do.

Still, it would be good to hear from Dump Stoppers if anything happened.

Cogs

It usually takes a bit of time for the Dump Stoppers deputy to investigate and locate people, but I will try to remember to follow up with him and let you know if he found and cited anyone.

It usually takes a bit of time for the Dump Stoppers deputy to investigate and locate people, but I will try to remember to follow up with him and let you know if he found and cited anyone.
And of course we would not reveal anybody's name.

I'm thinking of a recent incident where a guy found garbage at a public camping area in a forest in Southern Oregon. He found a name and address on a piece of paper and posted a picture of it on Facebook. It spread all over social media and tons of people bashed the girl whose name was on the paper. They found her on Facebook and harassed her with messages of all kinds. Her name was ruined.

Come to find out, yes, she had been there. She goes often. She cleans it and cares for it on a regular basis. She has a well known reputation for looking out for that place and has lots of special memories there. She has witnesses to prove her good stewardship for this place.

She left a trash bag there for others to use in an effort to keep the place clean. Someone, or animal, tore up the bag and spread the garbage around. And now she's treated like the trash they found.

So you never know if they really are the culprit or not. Garbage theft is also a possibility and the thief would likely dump it in the woods once they're done going through it. It would be hard to nail someone without actually catching them in the act.

Pack a camera, paper and pencil. Observe, keep distance, don't confront, take pics and write down the details (lic #, clothing, ect...). Call the sheriff's office with your report. That's about all we can do.

Cogs

Cogs

Right you are. We wouldn't reveal anyone's name but I will write myself a note to follow up with the Dump Stoppers deputy to see if he was able to identify, locate, and write a citation to anyone.

Thank you very much, Molly, @mooliomck , for commenting and offering those supportive words. A greater thank you goes out to all of you at Clackamas County Dump Stoppers!!! Your service is greatly appreciated.

I now see it was not written as Dump Stoppers being a sponsor. Don't know how I left that out because the past cleanups included Dump Stoppers as a primary sponsor. And indeed you are!

I edited that info and it is now there at the beginning of this cleanup thread. Better late than never! I certainly will be sure to include it in all the Mt Hood cleanups from here out.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say; Northwest Firearms prefers the services, willingness, attitudes, promptness, team spirit and extra efforts afforded us by Clackamas County Dump Stoppers. Those qualities, combined in one organization, are vital to the success of our mutual goal, which is to enhance recreation for all users. We salute your organization!

Bill Cogley
Volunteer Coordinator

Well thank you very much too Mr. Cogley! Dave and Robin and those of us who help out with Dump Stoppers from time to time (Sena, me, and other Clackamas County Parks & Forest staff) really enjoy these volunteer projects and the enthusiasm and hard work that are put into them. It sure helps us reach our goals of cleaning up the mess that a few bad apples leave behind so that the rest of the people who are responsible can enjoy their time in the woods. Plus we believe that garbage attracts more garbage so the cleaner we can keep sites like Wildcat the better. Thanks for adding Dump Stoppers back on the flyer and we will look forward to more projects together! You are doing great things.

@mooliomck , @Cogs What are we doing at these places as far as signage goes? I know there's the little "Kiosk" thing but I'm talking of separate/more at the forefront/can't miss type signs put up saying "Cleaned up by Northwestfierarms Volunteers" ...."In Cooperation with Dumpstopers"..."Clackamas Co/Mt Hood Natl Forest". "Please respect or you'll lose this site" ETC kind of signs. Thinking something inexpensive/easy to replace by members that have "adopted" the area?

Just curious because I think for the most part people don't really look at the little kiosk thing put way over there on the side. (If that's where it is). I know I don't always look at those, though I care, and pick up after myself/have common sense, pretty much know the rules where I go.

Adding Dump Stoppers to the "This site cleaned up by..." is a good idea. I would simply make it... "by Northwest Firearms and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers". I'll see what I can do.

These signs are already simple to print and laminate, so we'll be sure the 'Adoption' crew has a few extra.

It is posted on the board, (picture above). It may be rather difficult to post another one in a more visible spot. (May take another structure and would end up duplicating the same thing, just in a different place.) Too many signs!

I'll communicate with Dump Stoppers about adding their name.

Thanks Mike.

Cogs

Adding Dump Stoppers to the "This site cleaned up by..." is a good idea. I would simply make it... "by Northwest Firearms and Clackamas County Dump Stoppers". I'll see what I can do.

These signs are already simple to print and laminate, so we'll be sure the 'Adoption' crew has a few extra.

It is posted on the board, (picture above). It may be rather difficult to post another one in a more visible spot. (May take another structure and would end up duplicating the same thing, just in a different place.) Too many signs!

I'll communicate with Dump Stoppers about adding their name.

Thanks Mike.

Cogs
Thanks @Mikej @Cogs I think signage is a good idea as it lets people know that there are folks out there who care and who are checking these sites. The USFS has some particulars on signage and how it is done and where, so if we thought it would be good to post more signs that are already posted now it would be a good idea to talk it over with them. Of course Dump Stoppers would be happy to be listed on the signs as well. Dave could also have a few extras in his truck to re-post if/when he is up there and sees a need to re-post.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top