JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any photos of the work that was done? I couldn't get any! I didn't even get the Dump Stoppers truck! We filled it and there were more bags down at the 36 Pit yet to load. Great work folks!

I snapped a couple of pictures.

20160723_111607.jpg 20160723_115352.jpg 20160723_130106.jpg

NWFA members at the cleanup today... (@Joe Link will be dishing out some 'Green Volunteer Badges' soon!)

@PNWShooter
@FordPrefect
@Mikej
@Lone Wolf
@OregonQuartermaster
@Kristina
@Lee Wheatcroft (& Mrs. W)
@Kirk Goins
@NeverGoinBack
@Mike Gauthier
@Ralgha
@HarryHaller
@Fenrir
@STUKA
@DrewPeacock
@robertg
@russthetoolman
@BrianS

Names that don't have a user name but I think are members...

Ann Thomson
Tasic ? (Gehrman) ?

And we had a few extra...

The two camper ladies who joined us just because they like what we're doing and have such great hearts! Thank you!!!

Another 2 who were just passing by. Thank you!

A couple who were shooting and paused to help.

All in all, with counting me, Ranger Lars, 2 from Dump Stoppers and 2 more from USFS, it puts our total attendance at 31!

NICE!

(Our headline should read...)

GUN OWNERS PUT THE HAMMER DOWN ON TRASH IN THE FOREST...

It was an awesome day of deeds well done in Mt Hood National Forest! Over 30 volunteers overfilled the Clackamas County Dump Stoppers dump truck, ate the best burgers & dogs in the forest and won some great prizes from Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, Rapid Fire Arms LLC & Mt Hood Nat. Forest Service!

It was a spirit filled day resulting in a great accomplishment done by an awesome team of enthusiastic gun owning volunteers! We hit the target dead center!

Cogs

And an after image

Pit 36 After (IMG_0024).jpg

Just as a side note, somebody had a LOT of fun with steel cases. Here's two 1/2 full buckets of steel cases. I figure we filled the buckets at least 4 maybe 5 times total. They got rather heavy after about 1/4 of the way.

Buckets o Steel (IMG_0018).jpg

Just as we were finishing up, this little beetle/bug started buzzing around. Just had to post it

Friendly Beetle (IMG_0028).jpg

Rather long and boring safety meeting video. While holding on to that pole for so long, I should have livened it up a little with a pole dance or something. Wouldn't that have been awful! (At least we'd have gotten a chuckle or two). :eek:

Thanks for the photo's Mr. Ford!

Rather long and boring safety meeting video. While holding on to that pole for so long, I should have livened it up a little with a pole dance or something. Wouldn't that have been awful! (At least we'd have gotten a chuckle or two). :eek:

That's it next clean up you have to dance Bill we all will be expecting a flawless performance

Well I thought you were holding on for other reasons ;)

So who won all the loot!?
We had to leave early and didn't get to play!
It was a lot of fun, and I feel like we made a dent- but I'll bet it's nasty again real soon:(

We didn't track winner names and prizes, but, all the prizes were gone and we still had 4-5 tickets in the bucket. At least 4-5 tickets were drawn that had no winners... Sorry to say, I'm sure one of those was your ticket!

Thanks for your help and hard work!

NWFA members at the cleanup today... (@Joe Link will be dishing out some 'Green Volunteer Badges' soon!)

@PNWShooter
@FordPrefect
@Mikej
@Lone Wolf
@OregonQuartermaster
@Kristina
@Lee Wheatcroft (& Mrs. W)
@Kirk Goins
@NeverGoinBack
@Mike Gauthier
@Ralgha
@HarryHaller
@Fenrir
@STUKA
@DrewPeacock
@robertg
@russthetoolman
@BrianS

Names that don't have a user name but I think are members...

Ann Thomson
Tasic ? (Gehrman) ?

And we had a few extra...

The two camper ladies who joined us just because they like what we're doing and have such great hearts! Thank you!!!

Another 2 who were just passing by. Thank you!

A couple who were shooting and paused to help.

All in all, with counting me, Ranger Lars, 2 from Dump Stoppers and 2 more from USFS, it puts our total attendance at 31!

NICE!

Thank you to all who attended! I just added the badges, please let me know if I've missed anyone :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top