Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

msnbc poll

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by jason97496, Apr 28, 2009.

1. jason97496

jason97496 Cottage Grove, Oregon Member

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

got my vote in

3. beavernation1

beavernation1 Salem Member

got mine it for what good it does.:thumbup:

4. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

They'll say their poll was sabotaged by a right wing conspiracy and does not reflect the true view of all Americans...

5. jason97496

jason97496 Cottage Grove, Oregon Member

Oh come on now, you don't really think that MSNBC would but a liberal slant on an issue. Do you?:D

6. Anoldbaldman

Anoldbaldman Oregon Member

so true. lol

7. robctwo

robctwo rural North Albany Member

I voted no. I like MSNBC. I have been listening to Ed Schultz for a couple years now and enjoy his TV show. How much of Olberman's $ do you think Hannity can get with the waterboarding demonstration?

8. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

19% - Yes. We had the ban for 10 years. He should use up whatever political capital is necessary to reinstate the ban.
    12,522 votes

77.5% - No. It was a mistake the first time around and it would be a mistake again. Existing gun laws are enough.
    51,049 votes

3.4% - Maybe. Owning a gun is a right, but I'm conflicted as to whether or not average Americans should be able to own assault weapons.
    2,266 votes

I know it isn't a scientific poll, but those numbers completely belie anyone's assertion that the "majority" of Americans want a new AWB...

9. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

I voted "NO".

What did you guys vote?

10. wavo

wavo Portland Member

Just reading the comments I am completely amazed at how misinformed most people are. Looks like they listen and believe the mainstream news hook, line and sinker.

Yikes.

11. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

the biggest problem with "banning assault weapons" is this: WHAT IS an "assault weapon"? A Ruger 10/22 with a black thumbhole stock and a forearm pistol grip qualifies as presently defined. The Ruger Mini 14 certainly does.... IF it's got the "ugly furniture". change the holder-onner, and it reverts to a hunting rifle... how stupid is this? My Browing .30-06 is ten times as capable, and the Sako 7mm RM makes that seem, well, not very capable. Should we ban those? Yes, there are those who would. An old M-1 Garand is far more deadly and capable than either of the aforementioned Rugers, yet would be legal under a new "ban". Its all politics and fear-mongering. Oh, and vote-stumping for the likes of Pelosi.

12. Leif Runenritzer

Leif Runenritzer Kernilyis Active Member

I'm irked that the "no" vote includes the words "existing gun-laws are enough". Imagine the horror if we Oregonians were allowed to have a loaded gun on a four-wheeler :rolleyes: