JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
... this in the email box today ... it's long winded but the message is in it's entirety ...

"
| 3.20.15 |
It's been quite the journey. We set out to share our passion for firearms with the industry and deliver an advanced, American-made bullpup rifle and accessories.

Knowing that our focus and energy lately has been directed towards the expansion and evolution of our 20-year knife line, we no longer felt it sustainable for MSAR to remain an active entity in our holdings.

That being said, we've begun to liquidate our remaining inventory. The existing inventory will be packaged into parts kits and sold on a limited basis. Contact and ordering information for those kits will be made available in the coming weeks. Repair services have been disabled with the release of this announcement. Rifles currently in our posession will be repaired and returned to the owners.

As the MSAR project comes to a close, arrangements will also be made to offer purchase options for our existing tooling to qualified buyers. Parties who wish to have their interests considered should submit a formal request, including a letter detailing qualifications and a minimum of three (3) industry references to [email protected]. Please note that we will not be responding to any service inquiries or general questions sent to this account.

We learned many years ago that our customers are our lifeline; we thank you,, for your tireless loyalty and support of the MSAR line. You've given us the chance to explore the world of firearms on a new level, and for that, we'll be forever grateful.

- The MSAR Team
"
... as an owner of an MSAR AUG, the above missive means I will be indeed looking to a few small parts kits, bolt sleeves left and right ...

Now what? Relegates this to the safe, with the occasional outing, or keep shooting ...

It has been reliable to date, with only the need to update the mag catch/release. Yes, there have been some bad ones as well as the good ones ...

Hmmm ... I'll post some pics soon, along with it's Steyr cousin ... not wanting to start a pic thread, but as often said, a post is useless without a pic or two ...

safe travels ...

That is now exactly what they have posted on their website now.

I also own a MSAR STG-556 and really like it. That is sad but I have heard this coming for a long time. They did have their issues back in 2012, if I am remembering the date correct. I remember their being a rumor of Ratworx taking it over.

I hope ratworx finally buys all their bubblegum and starts making better parts. Or anyone for that matter. I've been. Looking for a 16" inch barrel forever! Maybe someone else will make one now.

... pic as mentioned

MSAR AUG, Wylde chamber, 18.5" heavy barrel, Primary Arms 4x prism on AD base, P-Mag friendly

IMG_2706_zpsrlb76ndm.jpg

and with it's Steyr cousin
AUG A3, 16" barrel, Trijicon TA44-5 (Amber) with AD QD base, 42 rd steyr mag

IMG_2708_zpscudi8vsm.jpg

Safe travels ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR