JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I was flown down by wills father in law. I can't afford this, but when family is in trouble, we do what is needed. Thank you though.

Guys, you might want to consider taking legal action. The best scammers can keep you hanging for a long time. Giving partial or small refunds is a part of it. I've seen it before.
I'm not involved in this purchase, but either this guy has the WORST luck in the history of the world (which I don't buy) or you are out of your money and MRE's. Personally, I would not wait any longer to take action....but it's up to you.

OK I finally have to check in here. Though there was a post showing an arrest I couldn't find any pending court actions on this seller linked to this alleged bust.

It would go a long way to establish legitimacy if a WA case number could be provided, or a CID incident number if it's Army prosecuting. A call to the JBLM JAG office might go a long way in reassuring those involved that the two seizures actually happened.

Just my thoughts, it's a drag to see so many forum members get what appears to be a never ending story.

No charges were filed. Thankfully. I will contact CID to see what casework is available. Also, you can contact them directly if there is curiosity.

I think anyone who thinks they are getting a great deal of $20 a case MRE's deserves to be scammed. I saw a guy who was "in it" for 42 cases of MRE's. Do you know how much these cost the government? Last acquisition cost I saw was $96 and some change a CASE! I have a wholesale account for the civilian ones and they cost me $80 a CASE WHOLESALE.

Every one of you new you were getting stolen MRE's from Fort Lewis. I fail to see the mentality here of thinking that YOU got scammed. You were/are buying stolen property. Going to the surplus store and getting a case or two that were bought from soldiers is one thing. BUT, this group buy easily involved several HUNDRED cases. It is no surprise why the army CID is interested. The army is out tens of thousands of dollars for your group buy.

I would laugh my bubblegum off if the CID was watching this thread, which they probably are and that is how they found out about this. I would be further amused if they came after EVERYONE in on this group buy for buying stolen government property.

I have been in the surplus business for years and if someone came to me and said they could supply me with MRE's at 100 case lots for $20, the first thing I would think is that it is a sting. Second, that they are stolen.

Kara is a bubblegum!

Tim

One comment on that. The reason I was released and no charges were pressed was because we were able to verify that no property was stolen. Also, cases regularly sell for 40.oo a piece at the local WAC show, and are purchased from the soldiers on JBLM for 20.oo. While enlisted, there were a couple places that bought them off of madigan gate. I still have the proof of sale papers that saved my bubblegum from charges.

I think anyone who thinks they are getting a great deal of $20 a case MRE's deserves to be scammed. I saw a guy who was "in it" for 42 cases of MRE's. Do you know how much these cost the government? Last acquisition cost I saw was $96 and some change a CASE! I have a wholesale account for the civilian ones and they cost me $80 a CASE WHOLESALE.

Every one of you new you were getting stolen MRE's from Fort Lewis. I fail to see the mentality here of thinking that YOU got scammed. You were/are buying stolen property. Going to the surplus store and getting a case or two that were bought from soldiers is one thing. BUT, this group buy easily involved several HUNDRED cases. It is no surprise why the army CID is interested. The army is out tens of thousands of dollars for your group buy.

I would laugh my bubblegum off if the CID was watching this thread, which they probably are and that is how they found out about this. I would be further amused if they came after EVERYONE in on this group buy for buying stolen government property.

I have been in the surplus business for years and if someone came to me and said they could supply me with MRE's at 100 case lots for $20, the first thing I would think is that it is a sting. Second, that they are stolen.

Kara is a bubblegum!

Tim

Tim, no offense, but you are full of bubblegum. I think most of us are busy with life and saw a good deal and wanted to stock up for an emergency. I don't thing anyone would intentionally do something that we would knowingly be illegal. Personally, I think Kitworthy is working on it, but if we have to press forward with legal action (as a group) that's what we will decide to do. I would encourage anyone who is owned money to contact me and let me know. Also, post in this thread. I have had contact with other members already with some ready for action. On the other hand, I am trying to be reasonable to understand that things go wrong and we have to try and be decent to each other and understand bumps in the road. For the record, for the most part, when I have texted Wes he has responded within a couple hrs. Bad luck, this much bad luck, it's hard to say. Has he always been honest and straight forward, no I don't think so. We don't know him personally. I have asked him to keep it professional and to keep his word. That's about all I would expect out of anyone. But if it needs to become a legal matter, we will do that as well. I would encourage anyone who has been compensated to step forward and say so. I have been repaid $200 of $800 from Wes.

Kara is a bubblegum!

Tim
So i guess someone from Amazon is buying a few at a time from a soldier somewhere? They must be pretty busy at because they sell them for 68 a case. I love it when people who have no idea what is going on chimes in.

Southern Packaging are civilian packaged ore's, not the ones that come off base.

Using your thought here, I have a dozen Glocks I am willing to sell for a $100 each. You say great deal and buy a couple of them. Can you really say that because you were getting a great deal that makes it okay? Maybe a thought in the back of your head that something is wrong here?

No one out there thought that there might be something wrong with this when you are getting brand new MRE's for 20% of the going rate? The stores up at Tillicum are selling them for $90 a case. Just because someone is selling them at the gun show for $40 doesn't change anything either.

If it sounds too good to be true, you had better think about it and find out why. I can see a Judge laughing all your asses out of court when you try to sue for your money. There are well known legal principles the Judge would be happy to educate you on.

Caveat Emptor for one!

Tim

Taprackngo you are paid in full. I will continue progressing to get the remaining members paid back, I return from Louisiana on Friday night.

image.png image.png image.png

Guys & Gals, my chunk was large. It was just paid back in full. I need to wait for it to clear paypal, but once that is done, I am paid up. I do believe he is trying to make things right. I don't believe he is paying me off to further a scam. My first $100 payment back was initiated by him. He did not ask me to update the board, I did that on my own. He has done other things, that a person who would take the money and run wouldn't do. I would hold off with the pitchforks and encourage you to keep in contact with him. Let's keep the thread updated.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top