JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Marysville Rifle Club is hosting an "IPSC 101" class for any new shooter who presently doesn't have a USPSA Safety Check card or who isn't presently approved to shoot USPSA matches and is interested in this fast-paced style of practical shooting. Upon successful completion of this class, you'll be ready to compete in any local practical-shooting competition. The class will consist of roughly 4-5 hours of class/range work (Saturday) followed by personalized coaching through your first practical shooting match held at MRC (Sunday). Barring any severe safety infractions (DQ's) Sunday, the students will be given their safety check cards. The class is scheduled for May 16/17...the start time on the 16th is 12:00PM. The cost of the class is $60 (which also covers your match fee for Sundays match).

To register for the class (or for more information), please contact me at [email protected]. Class size is strictly limited to 12 students. For more information about practical shooting, please visit the USPSA's website at USPSA.org.

USPSA Safety Check Topics Covered:
1) Range Safety
2) Range Commands
3) USPSA Rules
4) Equipment
5) USPSA Scoring
6) USPSA Divisions
7) Live Fire Student Skills Demonstration

The above covers the basics of a USPSA "Safety Check". Depending on available time...we may also cover the following elements of practical shooting.

A) Strong Hand/Weak Hand Shooting
B) Facing Uprange Starts (turn/draw)
C) Movement into/out of boxes
D) Shooting on the Move
E) Reloading on the Move
F) Gun on Table Start Positions
G) Drawing to a kneeling or prone position.
H) Discussion on what you can learn from Hit Factors

Hey everyone....we're getting close to capacity...we've only got a couple spots left. If you or someone you know is interested in this....my advise would be to act quick.

We had unprecedented demand for the first MRC IPSC 101 class that we HAVE decided to hold a second class on June 27th. The format of this class will be slightly different than the first one (see details below). This class will be a one day class (June 27th) at Marysville Rifle Club. The first class (the one we just completed this weekend) had personalized coaching through your first match on Sunday.

For this class, there is no IPSC match scheduled at Marysville on the following Sunday...but there is an IPSC match scheduled the next day at Renton Fish and Game club in Renton. I truly believe that including the match the following day provides the best continuity for the learning experience. So the 'slight' modification is that we will hold the 1st day of the class at Marysville Rifle Club on Saturday and for those of you who want to shoot the match at Renton the next day (Sunday June 28th)...we will squad up with you and provide personalized coaching through your first match. Because the Sunday part is optional, we have reduced the class fee to $40 (if you choose to shoot the match on Sunday, the match fee is $20 payable to the Renton Fish and Game club). I am sorry that we can't do it back to back (Saturday/Sunday) at Marysville but their club schedule doesn't allow it and the next opportunity won't be until August....and that’s just too late.

If your interested in doing this, please contact me at [email protected]

At this time we have room for only one more student. If you know of someone who would be interested....please have them contact me ASAP as this WILL be the last class we're doing this year.

This is the last class we're planning on doing this year. These seem to be an annual thing so next year we'll probably do a couple more classes depending on demand. When we do, we'll post an announcement here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top