JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought a gallon of this powder a few years ago and haven't used any of it. I did find this load data, but it is contrary to opinions I have read about it being too slow for .223. Anyone have experience with this stuff? It was packaged in gallon milk jugs.
1585676584584.png

Looks like its discontinued due to cost. Made in the Czech republic. Was a well regarded powder for 30.06 and 7mm mag from what I've found.

Don't see much mention about it for use in .223. The numbers on that canister seem kinda low velocity wise.

I believe that was a non-cannister version of Accurate 3100 powder, which was a slow burning powder close to IMR-4831 in burn rate, also similar to Accurate Data 86 Extruded, which I have almost finished off my last 8 lb. jug. It worked well in larger capacity cases, .243 Win., .270 Win, .270 WSM, .300 Win Mag, even 6.5x55 Swede. But way to slow for use in .223 Rem. You could try it, but I don't think it would function in an AR, and in a bolt gun would probably yield slow (very slow) velocities and erratic accuracy.

I believe that was a non-cannister version of Accurate 3100 powder, which was a slow burning powder close to IMR-4831 in burn rate, also similar to Accurate Data 86 Extruded, which I have almost finished off my last 8 lb. jug. It worked well in larger capacity cases, .243 Win., .270 Win, .270 WSM, .300 Win Mag, even 6.5x55 Swede. But way to slow for use in .223 Rem. You could try it, but I don't think it would function in an AR, and in a bolt gun would probably yield slow (very slow) velocities and erratic accuracy.
This is exactly what I have read elsewhere. Thanks

I recently picked up some of this MR-3100 in a trade. My batch is also in transparent milk jug. It smells and looks fine to me. What have you loaded it in so far? Results good, bad, meh?

I recently picked up some of this MR-3100 in a trade. My batch is also in transparent milk jug. It smells and looks fine to me. What have you loaded it in so far? Results good, bad, meh?
I just got home from hunting today. I haven't messed with it for a number of years but I have some 30-06 loaded with it. I can't recall how it shot but may have some data on that particular load. I'll see if I can find it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top