JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, this is probably my most fun gun I own. Ugly as sin, impractical, and yet, something about it, braced, with a red dot, and suppressor is so stinking fun. I can hit targets easily out to 50 yards with some of the fastest follow up times. Mine takes glock mags and it is fun to just rip up targets 10 rings with mag dumps. Does it look ridiculous and like a 70s or 80s tv show? Yes. But so much fun.

I purchased a first gen MPA30 (Mac11 clone)
I have a huge project in mind for it using a barrel extension and a stormwerkz optic mount (mine is a top charger not side)
Just wish I could snag more Sten mags as I want to cut a near flush fit one just for fun.
I added a brace and folding adapter to mine

31E660C4-DC9F-40F6-98D4-4F1C408B40FB.jpeg

Mine has the same brace and folding adapter Using a 57 round extended glock magazine is fun too and adds to the whole vibe of impracticality.

Mine has the same brace and folding adapter Using a 57 round extended glock magazine is fun too and adds to the whole vibe of impracticality.
Had mine not been an impulse buy the Glock mag versions are certainly the way to go!
I can't even imagine how stupid fun a drum mag would be with a defender pistol!

You're right though.. it fills that 1980-1990's cheesy action gun role perfectly. Utterly pointless but far too much fun.

Had mine not been an impulse buy the Glock mag versions are certainly the way to go!
I can't even imagine how stupid fun a drum mag would be with a defender pistol!

You're right though.. it fills that 1980-1990's cheesy action gun role perfectly. Utterly pointless but far too much fun.
FYI, mine breaks drum mags. I think the bolt slams with too much force on the way back in and if it hits the follower the mag breaks. I use stick mags only. But a 57 round extended glock 18 mag is way too fun. Also the ejector sends brass into low earth orbit.

Last Edited:
FYI, mine breaks drum mags. I think the bolt slams with too much force on the way back in and if it hits the follower the mag breaks. I use stick mags only. But a 57 round extended glock 18 mag is way too fun. Also the ejector sends brass into low earth orbit.

Thats actually good to know! So the bolt closes home too hard on the follower? Does it crack the mag body or the lips?

Well a glock mag it was designed for does not do that. The follower of the drum sits higher by a very slight margin and is metal. It does NOT hammer the follower of a standard mag.

I have so many better guns technically. Nicer, more desirable and such, and yet I find myself giggling while shooting out the 10 ring while doing mag dumps with this thing. Have I mentioned it is bizarrely accurate?

Okay, this is probably my most fun gun I own. Ugly as sin, impractical, and yet, something about it, braced, with a red dot, and suppressor is so stinking fun. I can hit targets easily out to 50 yards with some of the fastest follow up times. Mine takes glock mags and it is fun to just rip up targets 10 rings with mag dumps. Does it look ridiculous and like a 70s or 80s tv show? Yes. But so much fun.
Did you buy the brace of MPA? I'm looking for a brace for mine

I purchased a first gen MPA30 (Mac11 clone)
I have a huge project in mind for it using a barrel extension and a stormwerkz optic mount (mine is a top charger not side)
Just wish I could snag more Sten mags as I want to cut a near flush fit one just for fun.
I added a brace and folding adapter to mine

View attachment 650668
You got any tips on installing a pistol brace on this bad boy? I'm having trouble finding an actual brace that isn't a stock

You got any tips on installing a pistol brace on this bad boy? I'm having trouble finding an actual brace that isn't a stock
Get one of three adapters:
The MPA adapter,
They make two: a fixed and a folding.
Or
The Stormwekz pic rail adapter
From there just pick your brace type, mount and have fun!

Sadly its a piece mail affair since MPA sort of pushes their DEFENDER line to the side and they provide next to zero quality detail on their product line.. that and no one really geeks out on the semi auto versions like I do.. the full auto club and stocks are another story.. but the PDW semi auto variants arent as popular, but they should be.

The MPA adapter,
Or

Sadly its a piece mail affair since MPA sort of pushes their DEFENDER line to the side and they provide next to zero quality detail on their product line.. that and no one really geeks out on the semi auto versions like I do.. the full auto club and stocks are another story.. but the PDW semi auto variants arent as popular, but they should be.
Awesome, thank you for the tips! I'm looking into the backplate now.

I've been unable to shoulder this beast since I bought it, making it effectively a bumpfire range toy, but I'm really stoked to start making a coherent project out of it.

usmachinegun dot com is another source of parts for these, he's got rail type and tube type adapters even side folders- just make sure you read through descriptions and get the right one for the style of mac you have. I'm piecing together a little mini 930t setup here currently :) (I should've stayed away from short barreled Shepard's site lol)

The MPA adapter,
Or

One last question mate, thanks for all your help

Did you get the Stormwerkz Pic rail adapter for the Cobray M11/9? I'm not finding one for the MPA brand, but this one looks pretty compatible

One last question mate, thanks for all your help

Did you get the Stormwerkz Pic rail adapter for the Cobray M11/9? I'm not finding one for the MPA brand, but this one looks pretty compatible
I went with the folding adapter from MPA when it was in stock. The non folding L-bracket adapter they sell can be a bit hard to find though.
As long as their site says (back order available) they make good on filling that order.. may just take a few months.
MPA also replies pretty quickly via customer service email so once the order is placed they should be able to hammer out a lead time. I politely harassed them regularly checking in.

The stormworkz adapter is made for the cobray model, if you have an early model MPA defender like I do (pre MPA30T) then it should work. If you have one of the new aluminum lowers thats the only thing Im unsure about.

Stormwerkz was really good about getting back to me as well. I emailed them a few times.

As a second note, Avoid the Stormworkz optic mount though, that is literally for cobray models only (ridges on the upper). It'll fit the MPA but the smooth sides allow the optic mount to shift under recoil. I ended up just buying MPA's side charging upper so I could mount an optic.

Included is my MPA30 as it stands now
2C101B9A-80CF-4740-B401-5BED9DBC1D12.jpeg

Which model do you have?

I bought 3 Cobray M11's back in the '80s, Yeah they were fun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top