JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, it is true. H&K's are expensive if your looking for a pre-ban transferable sub gun. But again you can't go wrong with that investment. Even registered trigger packs are the price of the cheapest Tesla Cyber-truck but still can you think of a better way to waste a few hundred dollars in lead? Now The SP5 is a far lot cheaper than finding an original H&K 94 and you have the H&K name and customer service to back it up.

POF to my knowledge is the only other company who is licensed to build MP5 and MP5K's on H&K tooling. Zenith and other clones I can only imagine are using jigs from HKparts.net. However, Leaspeed6 likes her Zenith so...maybe for the price tag they aren't that bad.

I have never had a problem with mine, I love it.

Last Edited:
Yes, it is true. H&K's are expensive if your looking for a pre-ban transferable sub gun. But again you can't go wrong with that investment. Even registered trigger packs are the price of the cheapest Tesla Cyber-truck but still can you think of a better way to waste a few hundred dollars in lead? Now The SP5 is a far lot cheaper than finding an original H&K 91 and you have the H&K name and customer service to back it up.

POF to my knowledge is the only other company who is licensed to build MP5 and MP5K's on H&K tooling. Zenith and other clones I can only imagine are using jigs from HKparts.net. However, Leaspeed6 likes her Zenith so...maybe for the price tag they aren't that bad.

IIRC Zenith uses the Gen 1 dies they bought from HK.

Not quite correct. Up until last year, Zenith was importing Turkish made MKE guns. They were importing three MP5 versions and a 5.56 gun. MKE was/is another licensed HK producer like POF. However, last year Zenith and MKE had an ugly divorce and now Century is importing the the MKE guns.

Zenith did announce the other day that they will begin producing their own domestically made MP5 like guns...with improvements...but so far it's only talk.

-E-

Most folk and I do mean 98% of the world consider the MP5 / HK64 to the be the gold standard of SMG's Having said that since you don't own one that might be part of the problem .

Circling back to what some others have said. IF you have an MP5 or the civilian equivalent the HK94 .. And you want $1500 I am your huckleberry , oh and I will pay all the transfer fees as well and buy you lunch.

Fimages%2F289d40f475f05f2fb130add7296b2919%2Ftenor.gif

Here's one thing I've never heard adequately answered: why are MP-5 clones so much more expensive than roller-delayed guns in 5.56 or .308? I could see why an MP-5 clone might cost more to produce than some of the straight blowback offerings in 9mm... but surely it would cost more to produce essentially the same thing as an MP-5 but for much, much more powerful cartridges?

Meh, their fine for what they are but I was never much of a fan! They were issued to us a few times, mainly due to their very compact size, but they left us wanting in many other areas, stopping power being a big one. When the 10mm version came along, that fixed some of the major issues for us! Personally, I prefer the H-K Mod 53 SBR Suppressed, makes for a nifty compact little carbine that is light enough and accurate enough for much broader range of uses! Sadly, we didn't get issued them regularly, so it was the normal M-4 most times! The other compact machine gun we really loved was the FN P-90, that little guy gave us a super nifty little bullpup and it actually worked! If I were to switch it up now, I would take a Tavor X-95 and call it good!

Last Edited:
Here's one thing I've never heard adequately answered: why are MP-5 clones so much more expensive than roller-delayed guns in 5.56 or .308? I could see why an MP-5 clone might cost more to produce than some of the straight blowback offerings in 9mm... but surely it would cost more to produce essentially the same thing as an MP-5 but for much, much more powerful cartridges?
The explanation I've heard for other older designs is that modern guns are designed around modern manufacturing techniques, so the manufacturing process is much more efficient. I don't know if that applies to the MP5 specifically but it wouldn't surprise me.

Not even remotely , the only SMG that comes close to the MP5 is the colt SMG and these days the P90 and the Tavor eclipse it .

Of all the sub guns I have fired and that is a few to certain the MP5 is the only one you can consistently shoot with any real accuracy and control-ability . Putting two round bursts into the head of a Torso is stupid easy, so easy anyone can do it with a little training.

The Uzi is better.

Why does a hard top 1963 Corvette cost more than a 1964 corvette?

Not even remotely , the only SMG that comes close to the MP5 is the colt SMG and these days the P90 and the Tavor eclipse it .

Of all the sub guns I have fired and that is a few to certain the MP5 is the only one you can consistently shoot with any real accuracy and control-ability . Putting two round bursts into the head of a Torso is stupid easy, so easy anyone can do it with a little training.
Uzi looks cooler. Looking cool is 98% of the battle. Cardio is the other 2%.

Eh I think the rules are different for collectibles long out of production as opposed to things still currently in production.
Its just supply and demand on both. An MP5 costs what? A few hundred bucks if that to make? They keep the supply down and the demand stays high so they price stays high. Theyre a lot like diamonds in that respect.

Not quite correct. Up until last year, Zenith was importing Turkish made MKE guns. They were importing three MP5 versions and a 5.56 gun. MKE was/is another licensed HK producer like POF. However, last year Zenith and MKE had an ugly divorce and now Century is importing the the MKE guns.

Zenith did announce the other day that they will begin producing their own domestically made MP5 like guns...with improvements...but so far it's only talk.

-E-
I appreciate the education! Proof that your always learning something new.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top