JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pretty much what OP said, and not far from the truth. Im still running my MKE sbr from 2017. Its cool, definitely has some charm but not worth whatever the market value is right now. Tri-lug barrel is a nice feature though. Alot of the newer designs like the CMMG stuff makes much more sense as a PCC.

or one of those dudes that put punisher back plates on their glocks

I had to look that one up. I'd no idea what "Punisher" meant, I guess I didn't read enough comic books. My line of country in comic books was Scrooge McDuck. So, being really creepy-old, I wouldn't have such a thing on my Glock, just the plain factory item.

I'm not interested in MP5, stamped steel arms of this type with the charging handle on the left, cut my fingers up on G3's, no thanks. BUT: This post was highly entertaining in modern lingo, etc. Many thanks.

I had to look that one up. I'd no idea what "Punisher" meant, I guess I didn't read enough comic books. My line of country in comic books was Scrooge McDuck. So, being really creepy-old, I wouldn't have such a thing on my Glock, just the plain factory item.

I'm not interested in MP5, stamped steel arms of this type with the charging handle on the left, cut my fingers up on G3's, no thanks. BUT: This post was highly entertaining in modern lingo, etc. Many thanks.
Anytime big pimpin 😂

The Palmetto AK V 9mm pistols are a hoot, they also have LRBHO, which for me, is effectively mandatory for me to be interested. Price sure has climbed though, they are into the 900's and still are bought out as fast as they advertise them for.

Having been been in continuous production since 1966 with over 100 variants and adopted by 40 nations and numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence, and security organizations I'd say the MP5 is anything but garbage and OP.

The MP5 in general will be eclipsed by the .300 blk out short barrel rifles. Pistol caliber carbines still have a niche merit for practical use, but only where they are smaller/shorter (significantly) than a regular SBR in a rifle caliber, because otherwise there isn't an advantage if it is the same size.

What about the Sig MPX? for a newer version of the same purpose firearm?

The MP5-N (N—Navy) fixed that with ambidextrous controls and a straight pistol grip. Mucho better-o.

Have u ever shot one? Also they were designed as a fully automatic first and issued that way and semi auto came later.
MP5 has way less muzzle rise that any 3000BLK AR that I've ever shot. Way more controllable. I you just target shoot you have no idea what an amazing gun the MP5 is.

As one who got a bit of trigger time on the MP-5 in the military and then a bit more in a post-mil LE career, all I will say is that I'm not enamored of the MP-5. I know guys who've had a lot of full-auto trigger time will agree that while full-auto shooting is sometimes sexy, it's not the be-all, end-all.

Frankly, it wasn't until H&K introduced the HK45, the P30 and the VP9 that the company has finally made guns that are actually ergonomic with decent triggers.

Previously, H&K made the most over-priced, over-rated guns extant.

MP5 has way less muzzle rise that any 3000BLK AR that I've ever shot. Way more controllable. I you just target shoot you have no idea what an amazing gun the MP5 is.

I've gone through a few hundred with a full auto MP5, trying out short bursts, long holds, single shots, etc (on paper). It's a 9mm bullet hose and it does what it was designed to do. You're right, it was very controllable. In terms of .300 blk out, heavy 220 grain subsonics are extremely similar to .45 ACP in the sense that they are operating subsonic. I talked to a guy who was in Europe in the 1940's and he said he loved the .45 Thompson, in that regard I view them as about the same because the bullet weights are about the same, the speed is about the same, and they are both subsonic. The 300 was built from the ground up to use a suppressor, which dramatically changes the recoil impulse. I haven't fired a full auto .300 blkout with a suppressor so I can't say definitively one way or the other, but we can acknowledge simple physics and all things being equal a bullet weighing 115-147 grains will have less recoil than a bullet of 220 grains, I'm not going to argue against that. If all a person is doing is going from 1 room to the next room, I'd say that's the best scenario for the subgun there is. In fact I was watching a British Spec Ops guy say how much he loved the MP5 for that purpose but the moment he stepped outside and was getting shot at with rifle cartridges at greater than inside 100 yards he gladly picked up a Galil for the rest of the experience. The utility of the .300 was that it could in theory fill multiple roles, with subs and a surppressor, it's a effectively a .45 with a 30 round magazine, swap the mag and it's effectively a 76.2x39. There's people who use things like this for work so they can comment better compared to my hobbying experience.

As one who got a bit of trigger time on the MP-5 in the military and then a bit more in a post-mil LE career, all I will say is that I'm not enamored of the MP-5. I know guys who've had a lot of full-auto trigger time will agree that while full-auto shooting is sometimes sexy, it's not the be-all, end-all.

Frankly, it wasn't until H&K introduced the HK45, the P30 and the VP9 that the company has finally made guns that are actually ergonomic with decent triggers.

Previously, H&K made the most over-priced, over-rated guns extant.
Preach to me brother preach!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads