JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having been been in continuous production since 1966 with over 100 variants and adopted by 40 nations and numerous military, law enforcement, intelligence, and security organizations I'd say the MP5 is anything but garbage and OP.
Those militaries don't know rat butt. I'll tell you this one time and one time only I AM JOHN WICK I AM THE MESSIAH OF THIS GUN ISH NO ONE KNOWS NOTHING IF I DONT SAY THE DO! Also I'm the president of the US so don't argue or else you have to roommate with kamala and joe!

I've had two MP5's now and I can say confidently that they are a $1,000-$1,500 gun MAAAAX. "WeLl tHeY aRe rOlLeR dElAyEd aNd ImPoRtAnt To FiReArM hIsToRy" yeah whatever kiss a duck you monkey! No last round bolt hold open, bubblegum ergonomics, expensive bubblegum magazines, and every other mp5 owner is either 97 or one of those dudes that put punisher back plates on their glocks. You know what I'm gunna say it I don't care...... I like my stribog 32x more than I liked my 9kt ptr and my Hk mp5 Hints why I sold both. If you disagree with anything I've said sound off in the comments!

They are sexy cool especially on the big screen so people pay big bucks for them but you are correct they are way overpriced for what they are.

People like to compare guns to cars so I would call them the VW bug inside a Porsche body.

Last Edited:
I've gone through a few hundred with a full auto MP5, trying out short bursts, long holds, single shots, etc (on paper). It's a 9mm bullet hose and it does what it was designed to do. You're right, it was very controllable. In terms of .300 blk out, heavy 220 grain subsonics are extremely similar to .45 ACP in the sense that they are operating subsonic. I talked to a guy who was in Europe in the 1940's and he said he loved the .45 Thompson, in that regard I view them as about the same because the bullet weights are about the same, the speed is about the same, and they are both subsonic. The 300 was built from the ground up to use a suppressor, which dramatically changes the recoil impulse. I haven't fired a full auto .300 blkout with a suppressor so I can't say definitively one way or the other, but we can acknowledge simple physics and all things being equal a bullet weighing 115-147 grains will have less recoil than a bullet of 220 grains, I'm not going to argue against that. If all a person is doing is going from 1 room to the next room, I'd say that's the best scenario for the subgun there is. In fact I was watching a British Spec Ops guy say how much he loved the MP5 for that purpose but the moment he stepped outside and was getting shot at with rifle cartridges at greater than inside 100 yards he gladly picked up a Galil for the rest of the experience. The utility of the .300 was that it could in theory fill multiple roles, with subs and a surppressor, it's a effectively a .45 with a 30 round magazine, swap the mag and it's effectively a 76.2x39. There's people who use things like this for work so they can comment better compared to my hobbying experience.
I've shot suppressed SBRs in 300BLK and suppressed MP5's, and the weight of the can definitely helps fight muzzle rise even more. MP5 feels weird with a big can on the end, not so bad with a light weight one. The AR will be slower to point but not bad at all. If I had to fight with one I think I'd probably pick the AR. At the range the MP5 is by far my favorite.

I like 'em...shot a few different variants of them , while in the Army , they were fun and they worked well.

Compared to what I usually shoot nowadays they are downright "spaceage" ...so calling them outdated , is just a matter of perspective... :D

Be that as it may...like anything some folks will like 'em , some won't , ain't the end of the world either way.
Andy

The HK94 (Civilian Mp5) originally retailed for $ 650-720 factor in Inflation making it roughly a $1300 rifle with the A3 Stock

hk94-ad_zpsyyf3aync.jpg

And look how much they went up.

Exactly my point......they outpaced inflation because inflation isn't the only factor driving price. Once supply was cut off, demand and limited supply drove prices. 500%-600% increases for what was a $89 gun.

HK rifles saw similar increases when importation was cut off by the GHWB import ban.

Last Edited:
I've shot suppressed SBRs in 300BLK and suppressed MP5's, and the weight of the can definitely helps fight muzzle rise even more. MP5 feels weird with a big can on the end, not so bad with a light weight one. The AR will be slower to point but not bad at all. If I had to fight with one I think I'd probably pick the AR. At the range the MP5 is by far my favorite.

Thanks for the feedback, that's cool. I am one of those wishful people who haven't got into suppressors yet because I don't care for the permission slip.

Used mp5s in the military. 9mm and 10mm. Loved them. Reliable and accurate. Only issues we ever really dealt with were mag related. Now my job has me using a ump in .40. The mp5 was a Cadillac and the ump is a Volkswagen. The ump will eat anything you feed it, but the mp5 was much more accurate. I do like the 10mm and 40 more so than the 9, though

I've had two MP5's now and I can say confidently that they are a $1,000-$1,500 gun MAAAAX. "WeLl tHeY aRe rOlLeR dElAyEd aNd ImPoRtAnt To FiReArM hIsToRy" yeah whatever kiss a duck you monkey! No last round bolt hold open, bubblegum ergonomics, expensive bubblegum magazines, and every other mp5 owner is either 97 or one of those dudes that put punisher back plates on their glocks. You know what I'm gunna say it I don't care...... I like my stribog 32x more than I liked my 9kt ptr and my Hk mp5 Hints why I sold both. If you disagree with anything I've said sound off in the comments!
Clickbait..... or never actually owned one and is pissy about it; so to avoid cognitive dissidence convinces themselves that they are junk.. this happens to many people including myself so this is not a personal jab at the OP...

Last Edited:
Does anybody know why the century arms clone is so expensive? It's the same msrp as an hk.o_O

I understand century arms are MKE weapons manufactured in turkey and that MKE had been making guns for hk for a long time but I guess this is just price gouging due to hk Sp5 fojfn for over msrp?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top