JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I definitely agree they are MEH at best.

However, you'll get a lot of hate trashing them.

Those that love them, love them, and will protect them at all costs.

Former MP-5 shooter here, military circa 1990 so my opinions of the civilian market weapons are absolutely uninformed.

They were fantastic weapons. Suppressed and loud-bangers.

If I could afford one of those pieces from the time I was in, hekk ya.

To support the Sister I would be faithful:

I don't own to many firearms that produce the amount of smiles per pull of the trigger that a MP5 or variant does. Sure it could be updated for today's modern features like last round bolt hold open, better optic mounting solutions, improved mag release, etc... We are in the greatest era of sub guns there has ever been with amazing offerings from B&T, H&K, Stribog, Kriss, CZ, CMMG, etc.... Glad you found the one that speaks to you.

Sub guns come in all different shapes, sizes and price ranges. Pick the one that meets your needs and price point, then go get some trigger time. Sub guns are something almost everyone can enjoy from properly instructed and supervised kids to the more senior adults which is something you can't say with a lot of firearms.

Most submachine guns fire from an open bolt, the MP5 was unique because it fires from a closed bolt, this in combination of roller-delay blowback mechanism makes this weapon extremely accurate.

The clones, meh.

I will say, if someone wanted to give me one. I wouldn't be upset, I won't ever buy one however.

The MP5 in general will be eclipsed by the .300 blk out short barrel rifles. Pistol caliber carbines still have a niche merit for practical use, but only where they are smaller/shorter (significantly) than a regular SBR in a rifle caliber, because otherwise there isn't an advantage if it is the same size.

I've had two MP5's now and I can say confidently that they are a $1,000-$1,500 gun MAAAAX. "WeLl tHeY aRe rOlLeR dElAyEd aNd ImPoRtAnt To FiReArM hIsToRy" yeah whatever kiss a duck you monkey! No last round bolt hold open, bubblegum ergonomics, expensive bubblegum magazines, and every other mp5 owner is either 97 or one of those dudes that put punisher back plates on their glocks. You know what I'm gunna say it I don't care...... I like my stribog 32x more than I liked my 9kt ptr and my Hk mp5 Hints why I sold both. If you disagree with anything I've said sound off in the comments!
Your a lying dog-faced pony soldier. H&K MP5's totally live up to the hype. Just like Noveske, Larue and many other Fanboy brands. COmE @ ME bRo!!!

Former MP5-SD owner. Yeah, a REAL one, 2 tax stamps.

It was a bullet hose. Sold it a few years later for almost double what I paid for it.

I had one old mag that refused to work, 15 others that had no problems. Never had any sort of malfunctions with it no matter how dirty it got (and boy did it!).

The copies are mostly junk, I have no idea how the current SP5 or PTR version is, I don't have much interest in them anymore.

Jealous about the SD.

The MKE MP5s are excellent. Been making them under license with HK tooling since the 60s. I'd only sell mine for an SP5.

I'm assuming the OP is trolling us here lol. MP5s are excellent guns. No, doesn't have the most modern ergos, but it's proven itself over time.

I have an MKE, and literally every person who's shot it gets a grin on their face. It's buttery smooth, minimal recoil, and accurate.

20200511_180643_exported_1611102526140.jpg

The MP5 in general will be eclipsed by the .300 blk out short barrel rifles. Pistol caliber carbines still have a niche merit for practical use, but only where they are smaller/shorter (significantly) than a regular SBR in a rifle caliber, because otherwise there isn't an advantage if it is the same size.
They are huge in the competition world.

Oh for sure, if we're talking about gaming, there are entire divisions just for PCC, but outside of gaming, the utility is isn't there in comparison.
Gosh no. Rifle is king.

Home defense isn't %100 out of the picture either though.

Lmfaaao I got mine for a steal so it was a no brainer and I can't lie to you that thang is a TACK DRIVER and ran every type of ammo through it with 0 issues regardless of what the paid youtubers say. Worth the price at $800-900 cant lie!
A lot of people laughing for no reason. I concur with the OP even though I never owned a HK SP5 or variant because I did not care to spend the price. I acquired 2 Stribogs Gen 2 for less than the cost of a SP5 copy. Mine runs as good as my Scorpion EVO. I do not blindly follow "legendary" guns.

I have only shot 1 mp5 and it has a switch haaaaa is not mine, a buddy owns ot but is fun to shoot. Only shot two mags but it ran like a champ all day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top