JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So as I'm sure many of you knOw there is a briefcase you can buy for an MP5K or semi auto clone that allows you to shoot your firearm from the briefcase. However, when you use this you must register your pistol as an AOW. My question is this, would it be legal to "open carry" your briefcase since it would be registered as an AOW even though the pistol is technically concealed inside? I ask because Oregon only allows concealed handguns and I don't believe an AOW would fall into the general term for handgun. Thoughts, comments? Just google mp5k briefcase if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Man, I would hate to be the cop that stops you on the street whilst you're carrying that thing. 'Do you have any weapons on you at all?' 'Why, yessir, this here briefcase that's been aimed at you the whole time.'. Yeesh.

To use it effectively, you have to add rails to the top, side and bottom. It's not tacticool without a imitation acog, vertical grip, flashlight, and don't forget the evil green laser

So as I'm sure many of you knOw there is a briefcase you can buy for an MP5K or semi auto clone that allows you to shoot your firearm from the briefcase. However, when you use this you must register your pistol as an AOW. My question is this, would it be legal to "open carry" your briefcase since it would be registered as an AOW even though the pistol is technically concealed inside? I ask because Oregon only allows concealed handguns and I don't believe an AOW would fall into the general term for handgun. Thoughts, comments? Just google mp5k briefcase if you don't know what I'm talking about.

If you have an OR CHL; yes it would be legal. Despite the term Concealed *HANDGUN* License the actual ORS Statues 166.250, 166.260 and 166.291 use the term 'firearm' that is defined under 166.210 as (3) "Firearm" means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of powder.

This thread covered this fairly well: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/legal-political/51842-oregon-chl-machine-gun-legal.html

Hahaha this is why I love this site! Thanks for the real info Kimber Custom but I was hoping there would be some fun bantering as well. I don't plan to spend $2k on a briefcase but I was just thinking about it one day and thought I'd see what you guys thought on the matter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top