JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will be coyote hunting soon. Don't have an electronic call, but have a bluetooth MP3 player and a waterproof bluetooth speaker.
Does anyone have a good MP3 source for distressed animals, or files to share?
I went to WisconsinCoyoteHunters.com and downloaded their MP3s. The rabbit recordings sound more like someone making them on a whistle than the buck rabbits I've heard after brutal fighting. As I've only heard one set of rabbits, I don't have a solid reference on the range of noises injured rabbits make.
Thank you in advance - any help or info is appreciated!

I had one years ago and it sounded like it was saying "Rape, Rape, Rape" in a very high pitched voice. Seemed to work pretty well. My first Coyote went down after a head shot from my Ruger Number 1 which was chambered in .458 Winchester Magnum! I have always believed in using "Enough" Gun. Actually, I was scouting for an upcoming Bear hunt and the call tape just happened to be in the tape player in my Jeep. Somehow the tape got turned on and the Coyote came out of the woods acrossed the clearing before I could get the player turned off. One shot really was enough that day. He was only about 70 yards away.:):):)

Best calls to have, from my experience only, in the Pacific Northwest.

Coyote serenade. (Usually the first thing I play after getting set up, let's me know immediately what's in the area. Almost always gets a pack or three to reply.)
Alfa make yip. (Sometimes will get the Alfa to come play, or another packs male group)
Alfa male call. (Same as yip, but can also ruin the day if your only getting one pack to call back on the serenade.)
Coyote pup distress yip. (Can bring, usually in pairs, females or a male female set)
Distressed yawnling. (Best overall call I've use to get them in if the above don't work, also works better after the sun comes up, lunch time maybe)
Distressed cottontail. (Sort of like the yawnling)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top