JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a situation regarding the new Mozilla Firefox.

Prior to the latest versions (v70.xx +), .GIF (animated) images were viewable with Firefox.
I have tried Right-Click -- Open With -- browsing to the .EXE, but this feature no longer recognizes the FF.EXE as an option.
I have also checked the Default -- Open With. The option to choose the FF.EXE is not listed as an option.

A Google search comes up with no solution.
I run Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'm well rounded with PC's and have built many.
This situation has me stymied.

Is anyone aware of the solution?

EDIT

Viewing .GIF animations when online, websites, forum avatars, ETC, works fine.
Say I found online and saved (or made) an animated GIF.
Prior to v70+ Mozilla Firefox, all animations were viewable after setting the Defaults.
This is not so anymore.

Last Edited:
I have a situation regarding the new Mozilla Firefox.

Prior to the latest versions (v70.xx +), .GIF (animated) images were viewable with Firefox.
I have tried Right-Click -- Open With -- browsing to the .EXE, but this feature no longer recognizes the FF.EXE as an option.
I have also checked the Default -- Open With. The option to choose the FF.EXE is not listed as an option.

A Google search comes up with no solution.
I run Windows 7 Ultimate.

I'm well rounded with PC's and have built many.
This situation has me stymied.

Is anyone aware of the solution?

You might double check that you don't have an ad blocker or other Firefox extension that keeps them from popping up. I'd check that first.

Switch to Chrome. And a Mac.

Seriously though it could be something with Win7 since it's no longer supported/updated.

I assume you already tried this:

No Chrome. Piss on Google intervention.
Old dogs don't like changes. No MAC for me.
I've not yet tried anything at the support.mozilla link. I'm still dipping my toes. Small steps first.
*I edited my OP with a bit more info*
The thing that's weird, is I have not changed anything different than what it was, prior to the new releases of Firefox. One day everything was fine, the next, WTH?
Viewing animations online has no issues.
I create and/or save animations. Prior to v70+ Mozilla FF, I could click on a GIF file that I saved on my PC and it would open with FF and dance. That ceased to happen with the new FF

I don't even think I would've understood that even with close caption.... WTH???
The British accents don't help much, that's for sure. It's a song referencing life with 8086 and below processors, about the dawning of life with the first consumer grade PC's. Imagine a computer operating with 2mb of RAM... Oh how did we ever survive back then?

The British accents don't help much, that's for sure. It's a song referencing life with 8086 and below processors, about the dawning of life with the first consumer grade PC's. Imagine a computer operating with 2mb of RAM... Oh how did we ever survive back then?

Pretty sure some old dogs on this forum still get excited when they hear "you've got mail" from the computer room.

I for one do. AOL was the schizz. Where do you think bookface ripped off their format from? AOL was ahead of its time.

You don't have to tell me. I grew up with AOL, Slingo (at the time), chat rooms probably filled mostly with middle aged pervs sending a/s/l 's all day long. Ah, the good ol' days.

have you tried any FF add ons to try and fix this?

To be correct it when you save an image from FF and would like to open it your PC won't display a .gif image or it won't animate when opened on your desktop?.

Faststone I recall using back on XP or 7? to view .gif images as they weren't animating correctly with stock Win application.

If thats the case there are other image viewing softwares that should fix this problem.

If not you could likely submit your issue to FF and see if someone can make a quick fix.
As a simple work around have you been able to open the image with any other programs? iirc IE can be used to open it like a webpage to view.

VLC I think would also work as a quasi image viewer.

No Chrome. Piss on Google intervention.
Old dogs don't like changes. No MAC for me.
I've not yet tried anything at the support.mozilla link. I'm still dipping my toes. Small steps first.
*I edited my OP with a bit more info*
The thing that's weird, is I have not changed anything different than what it was, prior to the new releases of Firefox. One day everything was fine, the next, WTH?
Viewing animations online has no issues.
I create and/or save animations. Prior to v70+ Mozilla FF, I could click on a GIF file that I saved on my PC and it would open with FF and dance. That ceased to happen with the new FF
Could try opera. I think it uses a base of "chromium" but its linux based and was always very fast in the past.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top