JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like Oklahoma here I come, but I see a problem moving 50 pistols and rifles along with 50,000 rds of ammo across various state lines. I have a 350 dually but will be hauling a pizza trailer (8000 lbs). Any ideas on how to get er done without being headlined on National news? ;)
Thanks,
Rick

Pack your firearms & ammo so its not readily accessible , lock up tight at night, drive sanely and be extra polite if stopped.
I'm guessing you already thought of that however.
Maybe do a quick firearms law check for the states you will be traveling through?
Good luck in Oklahoma and have a safe and uneventful move.
Andy

Not the best at geography but I'm pretty sure you can get there without going through CA, NJ, NY, IL, HI, or CT. Even if you did have to pass through an extremely restrictive state, I'm pretty sure there are federal laws allowing through passage as long as they are legal in your final destination.

Listen, you don't need to know the laws of everywhere you are driving through. The stupid fire-drill you are going to go through by stopping at every rest area before crossing a border and making they are unloaded, stored, locked, hidden etc. etc. etc..... according to where you are passing through is just dumb.

Why do it?

If you are drawing attention in a 350 dually pulling a trailer; you might want to change your driving habits. Drive the speed limit, use your turn signal, make sure the signals on the trailer work and always come to a complete stop and don't drive like a knob.

My guess is that no one with a gun and a badge is going to pay you the least bit of attention. They are looking for shiny cars driven by knobs who haven't the sense to buy a radar detector.

cant put safes on the truck...and speed limits are a given. Thanks guys. My issue is a container of sorts to make it as safe and inconspicuous as possible to avoid any trouble. I have planned a route avoiding the restrictive states. I've got a cpl for Wa. The wholesale of the trailer and extras I want to take is in excess of 75k, that is my greatest concern...don't need this tied up in podunct USA.

All you need is a flashy chase car on point...

View attachment 298833

....and a catchy song.

Flashy rig didn't work great for these guys....but I think they may have done it wrong.

97puma.jpg

Police arrest 3 in van loaded with guns, ammo near New York City's Holland Tunnel (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/06/21/police-arrest-3-in-van-loaded-with-guns-ammo-near-new-york-citys-holland-tunnel/?utm_term=.7e9f3b1d4844)

Buy a large construction site tool box or two like this:
th?&id=OIP.Mfed991bd423a8bbab95ce644a4260c49o0&w=198&h=198&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

Put some tool decals and travel stickers on it.
Smudge it to make it look used. Voila . . . Hidden in plain sight.

Sheldon

Seriously, just pack your guns and ammo separately, put some locks wherever you can, and carefully load 'er up. Take a buddy with you for security and drive straight through if you don't want to disable the trailer at night. Get a locking boot for the trailer wheels, cheap security.

For 75k of value, you can stake a driving buddy to a bus ride or a flight home.

if u were to ask me what id do to move all my guns and ammo across a few states i would say "load'm up in the truck and drive" for at night i'd pitch a tent or sleep in my truck. just my opinion. to be safe you could lockm up in a greenlee gang box as mentioned in a post before

NRA-ILA | Guide To The Interstate Transportation Of Firearms (https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150101/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation)

Under FOPA, notwithstanding any state or local law, a person is entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he or she may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he or she may lawfully possess and carry it, if the firearm is unloaded and locked out of reach. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm must be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Ammunition that is either locked out of reach in the trunk or in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console is also covered.

Just avoid California, oddball rules that are asinine.

The job box is a good idea. Home Depot has a Klein brand for $249, then add $20 for the locks.

I have one & it's pretty decent. Not sure how many long guns you could fit in it, but plenty of handguns & ammo.

+1 on camping on your way out. That's what I did in my move here from Mass. No worries about "my stuff". I used a combo of Good Sam, KOA & National Park campgrounds. Much cheaper than a hotel/motel & decent facilities.

Might be a bit more difficult in the summer getting a spot, but I did fine last summer. I booked in advance for some of it though. Only got caught without an easy stay once, because there was a rodeo in town (?Bend), so I just drove on to Crater Lake.

Moving blows big time, so best wishes in an as smooth as possible one for you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top