JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good thing the perp was a lousy shot, talk about a close call...

Seemed like what saved her was the delay of firing combine with her reaction to duck. The gun was pointed at her before she moved, but wasn't fired right away. She was basically looking at the bore by the time she was reacting to duck.

I love stories with happy endings. I assume the tax payers were saved some money on this one?

Seemed like what saved her was the delay of firing combine with her reaction to duck. The gun was pointed at her before she moved, but wasn't fired right away. She was basically looking at the bore by the time she was reacting to duck.

I love stories with happy endings. I assume the tax payers were saved some money on this one?

I don't know if the dude died. If he didn't, that will be real expensive because they'll be paying all those medical bills.

Bowel movements count?

I'd of certainly pooped my pants getting caught off guard and shot at like that.

She definitely didn't set herself up very well from the get go. Glad she is ok though. Fatal funnel. The armed individual was a terrible shot, which played in her favor and probably saved her life. Back to a wall, with no exit, no cover, no distancing..... not a great position to be in.

She definitely didn't set herself up very well from the get go. Glad she is ok though. Fatal funnel. The armed individual was a terrible shot, which played in her favor and probably saved her life. Back to a wall, with no exit, no cover, no distancing..... not a great position to be in.

People get complacent on mundane things like "welfare checks". Might be the case here.

Shes lucky.

Its night time and the cams in night vision mode and when the guy opens the door you can see light pour out, as the gun comes out you see her raise her light to hit him in the eyes so its likely the guy was blinded before pulling the trigger.

Extremely lucky none the less.

Shes lucky.

Its night time and the cams in night vision mode and when the guy opens the door you can see light pour out, as the gun comes out you see her raise her light to hit him in the eyes so its likely the guy was blinded before pulling the trigger.

Extremely lucky none the less.

I keep waiting for the flashlight to become a "use of force".

Dunno why a guys response to a knock at the door is to come out blasting anyways, especially when they've announced they're there on a welfare check.

There has got to be more to this story as to why they are even there doing a welfare check.
Now thinking about it, if theres camera footage from a camera at the house, couldn't the guy have just looked at that or maybe talked to them thru it?

People get complacent on mundane things like "welfare checks". Might be the case here.
Unfortunately that isn't a great excuse. But this was a hell of a wake up call. I am sure she will respond to calls differently moving forward. That's like people saying it's just a routine traffic stop. When traffic stops are one of the most unpredictable and potentially dangerous issue you will run into as an officer.

Another senseless death that could have been solved by a social worker... (sarcasm)

I actually used this vid to open a conversation with a left of center friend of mine on that very subject. The result was that in situations where a cop is needed a social worker doesn't fit. In situations where a social worker is needed cops don't fit. There is no way to accurately tell which is needed in each situation untill it develops. So; more training. Get officers trained in better deescalation tactics and social worker based skills. Which, of course, isn't helped by the defund movement.

I definitely do not blame her for being complacent.

Cops are human, I wouldn't want every cop to be completely on edge as if a gun fight were to break out at any moment.

I don't wish to get pulled over and treated as if I were to automatically start shooting.

I hope cops can go about there day with some sense that is citizens will not start shooting at any given moment as well.

If none this can not exist, than I'm scared for our future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top