Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Moving to Washington

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mobboss, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mobboss

mobboss Salem, OR. Member

I am going back to Washington Burlington to be exact. Work is kinda suckn' down here in Oregon for us sales guys that are trying to sell stuff that know body needs at this time.

How long will it take to get a CWP up in Washington I know my CHL will not transfer.

And is there a 7-10 wait8) up in Washington still on handguns I think that is what it was when I left.

One huge part I miss is the walk in and walk out with the toy it makes convincing the wife easy on a spur of the moment

Thanks guys

Nick

2. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

Hoping the best on the sale of your house here in Salem.

3. mobboss

mobboss Salem, OR. Member

its got a sign in the yard! 1 person came in walked out 10 minutes and thats been it. it is listed with an agent I think we may have a fire the popcorn is burning you smell that o shoot my house is on fire gotta go!

Dyjital likes this.
  4. Jaybo

Jaybo Olympia Washington Member

60 bucks, a fingerprinting, and no longer than a couple week wait, will get your license in hand.

Once you have that, there is NO wait to buy a handgun.. You walk in, walk out with any firearm, assuming you PAY!:thumbup:

Welcome back!

5. Hotwheelz

Hotwheelz Pierce County Member

You may have to wiat a short period IM thinking 6 months to prove your a WA. resident , dam I wish I could find the cpl book anyways Im not 100% sure on that double check with the Burlington police department. If they are like my police dept. they only do the finger printing stuff one day a month for a few hours. Once you have have it there is no waiting period to get a pistol from a dealer just a call NCIC and your good to go.

Are you moving there to sell stuff up at the outlet malls????

6. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you can get better service from the Sheriff's office, so check with them also.

Not many NFA fun toys up here, so you're leaving that behind...

7. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.070

{SNIP}

8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

Somewheree, I read recently that fingerprint service must be available during all regular business hours, but I can't find that reference just now. I notice that some offices are open for fingerprints only an hour or two a week.

The law is pretty specific that you apply to the local police office if you live in town and to the Sheriff only if you live out of town.

Pops

9. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I applied for mine a week after moving here. It came 4 weeks later.

10. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

yea it burns my a$$ to have to pay for another background check when you already have a concealed premit as i asked the nice lady "What, you use a different f.b.i."

Ronin Tech likes this.
  11. 86thecat

86thecat Central WA New Member

Would it be easier to get a non resident license before you move, then change over to resident once established here?

12. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

My experience in Skagit County 3 years ago......11 days from the time the nice young lady did my finger prints to the day my CPL showed up in the mail box. But then they have had two or three sets of my finger prints nigh 40 years now. Unlike Ms. Clinton a Top Secret SBI security clearance meant something back in the day....

Brutus Out

13. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

STOP....just STOP bringing these threads back from the dead.:confused:
    I'm sure after 8 years,7 and change he has it figured out

14. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Skagit County Well-Known Member

I live in Burlington, you'll get good service from either the Municipal Police or Skagit County, depending on which side of the City Limits sign you end up on.

Approval is within 30 days. Bring proof of residency, generally, a new Driver's License will do.

No waiting periods in WA for gun buys anymore, the NICS check ended all that, unless you get a NICS delay for some reason or other.

The best gun shop is Skagit Arms on the west side of the freeway, but Kesselring's is still the best shop for ammo, reloading, scopes, and smith work, even though they don't do guns anymore. If you want an FFL for transfers, Bob Barnes in Woolley is your man.

15. kilimanjaro

kilimanjaro Skagit County Well-Known Member

Now I'm looking at the dates, again ! Damn.

mjbskwim likes this.
  16. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

:s0013::s0054::s0059::s0063::s0163::s0073::s0079:

Dyjital likes this.