JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
.... They allow open drug sales & use on the streets of Seattle.
There are hundreds & hundreds of homeless tent camps all threw out the city limits. Crime rates are very high, they reduce crime charges and do everything to keep there street people out of the jails. They say they can't afford to prosecute them.

I was in Seattle a little over a year ago, turned my head to look before crossing a street and on the opposite corner, there was a guy taking a crap on the side of a building. This was in the not-seedy downtown area.

Anyway, the comment above reminded me of this. Good use of time to prepare yourself:

Used to be relatively safe state/city. As a kid growing up no one locked their houses and everyone had guns hanging on wall racks or in open cabinets with ammunition in drawers underneath. Wasn't uncommon to see rifles in rack in pickups driving down the street and their was little or no crime involving firearms.Every kid knew well enough not to touch a gun without permission and the cops were allowed to do their jobs. My how things have changed! Wouldn't want to be forced to defend myself with a firearm in Seattle. Criminal has more rights than the honest citizen, and in the event you had to defend yourself or property it's guaranteed they are going to take you into custody and bombard you with questions as if you are the criminal. It's a sad state of affairs

Liberal leftist judges in this state legislate from the bench or rule favorably for anything the Democrat special interests pass or propose. Likewise, our Attorney General Bob Ferguson refuses to intervene on behalf of the people and defend the state Constitution as his oath requires. He is strongly anti 2nd and an antigun activist.our Constitution is has very specific guarantees and strong preemption laws that forbid income taxes and cities from enacting adjacent counties join in. laws or ordinances. Seattle totally ignores this and continually tries to enact income taxes,antigun measures etc. Bob just looks the other way and inspire of Seattle CT are eorriedis,knowing this they don't care and are willing to spend millions of taxpayer dollars defending challenges on the hope they can pass their illegal acts with some success ( gun taxes, heroin shooting sites, illegal car tab taxes,etc). It's monkey see monkey do. Everytime King county succeeds, adjoining counties join in ( ammo taxes in Tacoma).. the Washington supreme Court solidly backs a lot of the Democratic parties wish list claiming it's safety related or based on publics interest. Fact is, the rulings are more likely tied to being worried about losing campaign finance support in their next election. If it gets Appealed, you can forget about the 9th circuit Court of appeals ( California Uber liberals who rule on almost the wrong side of everything) and so far our US supreme Court is only selectively intervening and their rulings are extremely limited and mostly advisory. This has the effect of sending the offending courts messages to reconsider their wrong rulings instead of firmly over- ruling and dictating the law. Meanwhile, it's business as usual in those liberal states and the Supreme Court of the US seems reluctant to intervene allowing regions to enact antigun legislation in their states that impact US citizens unfortunate enough to live in those areas and deprive them of their full 2nd Ammendment Rights. So as far as that goes, our only hope is the Supreme Court gets the courage to step up and be more expansive on their rulings.... A national standard so to speak. Hopefully this will happen, however that hasn't been the case so far. So it's up to us to develop other avenues to protect our rights. We need to stop wringing our hands and spinning our wheels and come up with constructive action plans to promote our cause. Again, any ideas?

We all are pretty much in agreement inside this forum. How do we get a positive action started outside the forum that gets this message across and educates voters and gets their support for our cause? We have to overcome their fears, the misinformation they are fed and their apathy. We have to show them how they are affected . Many mistakenly believe that this doesn't have anything to do with them if they are non-gunowning...or " I'm just a hunter mentality" when the 2nd isn't about hunting. They are oblivious that eroding the 2nd weakens all of their other rights. They are starting to wake up now having to endure the crime wave, mental health problem,neverending taxes, garbage, rampant drug abuse and homelessness and repeat horrific crimes committed by felonious illegal aliens( rapes, murders, robberies and fraud) and they are starting to get tired of it. Let's figure out a way to use that info in a positive way that doesnt give them room to paint us as radical, un- empathetic hateful group of ultra-right guncrazed maniacs. Our message must get outside this group and be presented in a positive manner filled with truth based upon logic and reason and not emotion.How do we do that????

I'm pretty sure that angry exchanges, getting in people's faces or by open displaying guns at rallies play into the hands of the leftist message that portray us negatively... Surely we can come up with better ways to promote our message. I Hate to use the analogy but remember the Beatles singing" and if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow". We can catch more flies with honey than we will with vineagar. I'm sure of that. Anyone else?

Enough out of me. Sorry for beating a dead horse. I apologise to everyone for incessantly posting which must give the appearance that I'm taking over the forum. I'm very passionate about our cause. I've done my part in planting a seed for thought on how we can proceed. If you think my observations are worthwhile, then fertilize and water it and it may grow to fruition into something that helps bring about positive change. If you guys and gals lead, I will follow. Until then, I will be a silent observer and give others opportunity to comment. Thanks. Ps- I'll still be posting likes so you know I'm still there for you

Assuming these laws do get passed, high cap mags and assault weapons do get grandfathered in right? I took a look at WA legislative agenda for 2019. Also saw that it was on their 2018 agenda as well! Gotta buy up in Texas while I can
There is no way to know. It would all depend on how the new laws are written. The anti rights people are feeling their oats as so many refuse to lift a finger to fight them so who knows. All we can do is wait and see if a lot of people who don't like the new laws wake up. I keep hoping:mad:

Downtown Seattle is a pit hole. A dirty stinky pit hole. It takes 1 - 1.5 hours to travel to Seattle from Everett (N. Seattle) depending upon time and weather. A route I avoid like the plague. Renton (S.E. of Seattle) is worse.

The attitudes here are apathetic especially on the right. Recently, while visiting a FFL's store, One customer had signed a voter list to repeal I-1639 and the counter lady presented the list to another customer. That customer shook his head and told her he's not registered to vote. The first customer told the other he could sign up on the phone and it would take five minutes.

The guy refused. He stated his vote would be useless in this state.

It suddenly got quiet in the store. I could tell the first customer was steaming inside as was I. Neither of wanted to make a scene so we let it drop. I know I-1639 has hurt gun stores around the state and any customers, even an apathetic one, still means business.
This is the real problem right there. Far more than the "we are outnumbered" is the people who long ago gave up. Don't even have to find a stamp to vote anymore and still a lot of people who should just refuse to bother. Then they wonder why we lose.:s0054:

This is the real problem right there. Far more than the "we are outnumbered" is the people who long ago gave up. Don't even have to find a stamp to vote anymore and still a lot of people who should just refuse to bother. Then they wonder why we lose.:s0054:

I can understand the "why bother" on voting for politicians -- I don't "why bother" and have voted in every election since I was able, but I understand the sentiment. HOWEVER, initiatives are a different matter. You aren't voting for some sleezeball who is going to backstab you -- you are directly voting on a law. That's a definite bother even if the rest of the ballot feels like a sick joke.

I can understand the "why bother" on voting for politicians -- I don't "why bother" and have voted in every election since I was able, but I understand the sentiment. HOWEVER, initiatives are a different matter. You aren't voting for some sleezeball who is going to backstab you -- you are directly voting on a law. That's a definite bother even if the rest of the ballot feels like a sick joke.
To me it's just as important all around. The people who make laws only can do so when they win. Often the choices we have are FAR from great but, there is always one better of those who can win. What I keep seeing is people who both say "my vote does not matter" but, "I can't vote for that (insert slur) who is not good enough". WA and OR had a Governor right now that is a great example. They had opponents, Sadly many who should know better said they were not good enough. So look what they got? The worst possible outcome.
This stupid initiative stuff brings up another good point. Look how many pay so little attention they don't know these laws passed for months or even years after.

Bingo. There's plenty of nonvoters who could easily outvote the tyrants. I1639 passed by a relatively small raw number. A couple hundred thousand. Millions didn't vote.

Bingo. There's plenty of nonvoters who could easily outvote the tyrants. I1639 passed by a relatively small raw number. A couple hundred thousand. Millions didn't vote.
Sadly this often makes several very angry when I bring this up but there is no way around the facts. Too many who should vote, either do not, or throw the vote away. I have no doubt we are out numbered but that does not mean that if at least 90% of us voted we would not make a huge change in a few elections.

Selfishly, I would love to have one more good guy up here from Texas.... But sadly and sacrificiously I have to confess you are probably way better off staying down there if you have a choice and can. The cost of everything is through the roof too, so unless they are offering a Kings ransom for what you will be subjected to it would really be adding insult to injury. Don't volunteer to be a victim

There's crap everywhere. For example, Beto No'Rourke is from TX. Thing is, there are lots of positive things here - especially of you like the outdoors, or else this whole state would be a ghost town.

Are there issues? You bet. Are we currently in the grip of post-Obama anticonservatism? Yup. It will probably burn itself out when the economy inevitably turns down and tax giveaway money gets scarce.

Long time WA natives are a generally open and accepting of others, which is why progressive ideas are popular here, but makes them fall victim all too many times to cults of personality or other populist movements.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top