JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why as a gun owner would you want to move to Washington State?. i've been here 30 years and I'm leaving for Arizona in the next 60 days. I can't take the liberal Democrats and their BS. The Taxes, the State politics that run off businesses. No good reason to stay here.

It gets worse... Dimslee just signed the bill to ban carry in "protest zones" so you have to give up your Second Amendment rights whenever somebody nearby exercises their First.

SMOD can't hit the Crapitol dome or Downtown Seattle soon enough...

A sign saying no guns would be enough for a business and in a residence just telling you not to bring a gun into the home would be enough.
Doesn't carry the weight of law in Washington or Oregon the same as the statutory sign does in Texas, for example. In Oregon or Washington, if they discover you are armed, they can ask you to leave. There's no offense committed until you refuse to leave.

On the flip side, places like here in Texas where they have actually given a legal, statutory power to a "No Guns" sign - simply walking past the sign while armed is a criminal offense and you can eat a felony for it. As part of the Constitutional Carry bill working thru the legislature, they even rescinded the "good faith" clause that said that if you didn't see the sign, or you saw it after the fact and turned around to leave or remove the firearm, you still get prosecuted.

There is no statutory prohibition in Oregon or Washington at the moment, banning carry past a "No Guns" sign except for the specific places already named in the statute, like court houses or post offices. Nor should there be. A person's right to defend themselves and have a firearm available isn't trumped by someone else's irrational fear, and if your business or venue is open to the public, it should be treated the same as any other public property. You *might* have an argument to have someone able to post their home as off-limits and have a statutory backing, but where does one person's rights end? Whose rights are more important? If you ban guns in your home, and someone gets hurt or killed because you prohibited them being armed, should you be held criminally and civilly responsible then, because you prohibited them from defending themselves?

I will be moving to WA in July 2021 and am concerned with bringing firearms into the state. I have live there twice from 7-1991 to Sep 1997 and May 2006 to Jun 2015 and have had a CHL both times. Seeing as how nutsocrap liberals have been working overtime to screw law abiding citizens with more worthless laws, I want to be sure that coming into the state with firearms won't get me into trouble. I won't have a place to live for a few days and am worried about having them without a permit. I have a TX permit, but that isn't recognized in WA. Would really want to know the laws before I get there. Also, I will be flying and not driving. I can take them on the plane with TSA requirements, buy don't know how legal I would be traveling in a rental car to a motel with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You do not need a permit to own just to carry. Last I checked it was also an open carry state you don't need a permit to carry VISABLY... As for travel between airport and hotel just put in trunk unloaded

Doesn't carry the weight of law in Washington or Oregon the same as the statutory sign does in Texas, for example. In Oregon or Washington, if they discover you are armed, they can ask you to leave. There's no offense committed until you refuse to leave.

On the flip side, places like here in Texas where they have actually given a legal, statutory power to a "No Guns" sign - simply walking past the sign while armed is a criminal offense and you can eat a felony for it. As part of the Constitutional Carry bill working thru the legislature, they even rescinded the "good faith" clause that said that if you didn't see the sign, or you saw it after the fact and turned around to leave or remove the firearm, you still get prosecuted.

There is no statutory prohibition in Oregon or Washington at the moment, banning carry past a "No Guns" sign except for the specific places already named in the statute, like court houses or post offices. Nor should there be. A person's right to defend themselves and have a firearm available isn't trumped by someone else's irrational fear, and if your business or venue is open to the public, it should be treated the same as any other public property. You *might* have an argument to have someone able to post their home as off-limits and have a statutory backing, but where does one person's rights end? Whose rights are more important? If you ban guns in your home, and someone gets hurt or killed because you prohibited them being armed, should you be held criminally and civilly responsible then, because you prohibited them from defending themselves?
Your rights end at my front door. Easy to understand. Never heard of a case such as you describe. It's talked about by people who What If What If What If about everything and see---It baited me into responding to nonsense.The jokes on me.

Why would you want to move to WA from TX? Most are moving from WA to TX :confused:

In WA all semi automatic rifles and pistols who's magazines don't fit inside the grip: are considered "assault weapons" All modern pistols have to be registered, and "assault weapons" bought after i-1639 went into effect have to be registered as well. Should be no issue bringing guns in so long as they aren't short barreled shotguns, and machine guns. Suppressors and short barreled rifles are legal with the proper tax stamp(s).

Firearms must also be stored in a safe or have trigger locks or be inside a locked case any time when not in use/in your possession.
All firearms sold in this Country by FFL holders are theoretically "registered" at least once. From there, usually private sales do not get registered to the new owner. If you own a firearm that has for instance a 20 round mag, you don't need to register it in Washington. Bring what ever you have into the State. The more the merrier.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top