JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know there's a public perception of Texas being heaven for gun owners, but it isn't true. Having traveled to Texas many times, I can tell you the carry laws in WA are much better (for now). Part of why I stopped considering moving to Texas are the ridiculous 30.06 laws. Other than the usual government building/school places you can't carry in WA, there is no LEGAL process to say someone can't conceal carry on your premises. Yet in TX they enable any business, home owner, or commercial land owner to say you can't carry there if you have a permit. Complete ridiculousness. Also, it's still easier to get a carry permit in WA than in TX.

Texas Penal Code Section 30.06 allows a home owner, business owner or commercial landowner to post signage that bars a person with a "Concealed Handgun License" or CHL from entering the premises while carrying a concealed handgun.

The worse you'll see in WA are places like hospitals putting up signs saying concealed weapons aren't allowed. But it isn't a law. The worst that can happen is, if found carrying, you can be asked to leave. If you don't leave then you can be trespassed.

I know there's a public perception of Texas being heaven for gun owners, but it isn't true. Having traveled to Texas many times, I can tell you the carry laws in WA are much better (for now). Part of why I stopped considering moving to Texas are the ridiculous 30.06 laws. Other than the usual government building/school places you can't carry in WA, there is no LEGAL process to say someone can't conceal carry on your premises. Yet in TX they enable any business, home owner, or commercial land owner to say you can't carry there if you have a permit. Complete ridiculousness. Also, it's still easier to get a carry permit in WA than in TX.

Texas Penal Code Section 30.06 allows a home owner, business owner or commercial landowner to post signage that bars a person with a "Concealed Handgun License" or CHL from entering the premises while carrying a concealed handgun.

The worse you'll see in WA are places like hospitals putting up signs saying concealed weapons aren't allowed. But it isn't a law. The worst that can happen is, if found carrying, you can be asked to leave. If you don't leave then you can be trespassed.
I completely disagree with the assessment of carrying.

.. 47077CB2-40B9-488D-BF22-95F204E2A5B7.jpeg AA7FFC60-BE5D-4B9F-8711-66715C417355.jpeg
so first of all the 80% lower is completely illegal without a serial number... 2nd if we'll say Starbucks doesn't want you in there business and you were trespassed and then went to court and someone said that they saw you were carrying a firearm you can lose your rights to carry again.... PERIOD! Why? Because whether you were using your firearm in a felony or not the simple fact that you had one can cause you to lose your rights... no matter how difficult it is to get a concealed pistol license in Texas that would not the same thing or a business saying that you can't carry there... because that's easily resolved by not doing business there

While the 30.06 and .07 signs are a thing - we're poised to enact Constitutional Carry. It made it thru the Texas House, then the Senate, now back to the House for reconciliation as the Senate adopted an amendment (written by the author of the bill itself) - once the House reconciles it, it goes to Greg Abbott who already said he'll sign it. We'll become the 22nd state to enact permitless carry. Then we can work to tweak things - take the teeth out of the .30.06 / .07 stuff if we can.

As we're seeing strides in Texas as far as respecting personal liberty and self defense goes, Oregon and Washington are poised to out-Cali California.

Buy or otherwise legally acquire firearms you want/need before you get here so that they may stay "off the books", because once you take up residence here, anything you buy in WA or Orygun will have to go thru a BGC and therefore will, at least theoretically be in their system even though there is no official registration or permit required - yet.

Beyond that, you should be fine save NFA items which you will need to check into a bit deeper and I am not conversant on.
In WA, no full auto and no SBS. Other than that, all else is in play.

Notice that "undetectable firearm" and "untraceable firearm" are two different definitions. Now if a firearm frame or receiver by itself could not be detected by airport imaging machines, then the firearm would qualify as an "undetectable firearm" and would be illegal to possess anywhere in the state.
Does anyone have airport imaging equipment in their garage to see whether it can detect a polymer frame? The statute essentially asks citizens to guess whether their frames are detectable by modern airport imaging equipment. The TSA is certainly not going to tell the public what its equipment can or cannot detect.

I completely disagree with the assessment of carrying.

.. View attachment 882061
"Used in the commission of a crime in which the firearm was used or displayed". How are you using a gun or displaying it if you're concealing while being trespassed?

Also, to trespass someone they have to ask you to leave first, and then you have to not leave. Which is what I mentioned in my original post regarding the hospital. But in Texas you have an actual law saying you can't carry where you see that sign. Big difference.

"Used in the commission of a crime in which the firearm was used or displayed". How are you using a gun or displaying it if you're concealing while being trespassed?

Also, to trespass someone they have to ask you to leave first, and then you have to not leave. Which is what I mentioned in my original post regarding the hospital. But in Texas you have an actual law saying you can't carry where you see that sign. Big difference.
Used or displayed... so if someone sees it that is displayed. Remember that you are trying to use logic and lawyers and snowflakes don't have any.

Weather, Houston (4th largest in the US), everything moves at race track speed, just want to get back to the PNW and find a cave to move into LOL.
Caves up here are already taken. Move along nothing to see here. LOL

I am awaiting an exit from this Marxist state so have at er brother, I hope you have more patience than I did. By the way I'm from the south also

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads