JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello. I got a bunch of questions I'll try to post in the right areas of the forum.
I purchased a can in early November here in Iowa. All paperwork submitted and my local dealer is holding it.
Got a job in Camas and will be moving there in January.
What is the proper way to get the can transferee to WA when my stamp arrives?
TIA.

Seems you have a multi step problem.

Best would be to contact the ATF directly on how to go about it.

Update your stamp info, after approval, then have dealer in Iowa ship to dealer in WA. Have dealer in Iowa ship to dealer in WA pending approval, try to have your info updated while pending. No idea, yet am curious.

Secondarily to that would be contacting a reputable NFA dealer in Washington.

This is assuming that suppressors are still legal to own in WA, honestly no idea there. Last I had recollected, they were legal to own, yet not legal to use. Not much of a following of NFA ins & outs, less so up WA way, however am minimally interested in learning (for OR).

That or call the ATF and cancel, being you aren't that far into your wait. Get your $200 back.

If buying through the dealer, hopefully don't take a huge restocking fee.

Move to WA.

Buy it again.

Thanks all. I reached out to Sporting Systems.

BTW I moved to IA from California in 2017. So I am very familiar w/ an oppressive government unfortunately. On a plus side WA is getting 3 solid Republican voters

My understanding is this form is not required, but recommended, ATF form 5320.20.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11361/download

I've always furnished ATF with one prior to a move within WA, and always been approved. If moving from one state to another it may prove useful if the NFA item(s) are not lawful to possess in the new state of residence, better to hear about it before finding out about it.

I'll stipulate to being more paranoid than I probably need to be about NFA items; we all live with our choices :)

Lower receivers are still easy in WA, 4473 only and no delay unless FBI rejects the sale.

Yes, but since Oregon and Washington outlawed private sales they have been keeping a registry of all firearms. If Washington goes full-Virginia in the future, then AR lowers purchased in Washington will be on the radar for confiscation.

But yes, if possible I would buy whatever your needs require before you make the move. And while we do have some unconstitutional laws here, they don't hold a candle to the California tyranny you lived under.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top