JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome Aboard! Glad to have you with us. Velzey or NWfirearms do great work, Ryan out at Oregonholsterworks for cool and creative holster solutions and Ted Blocker for more traditional top quality leather holsters. For Good FFL's Tigard Pawn, A Cut Above Pawn in Aloha are great to deal with and super friendly. :cool:

I'm in Clackamas County, just south of Multco, so I can't answer that question, though I'm sure others here can. I can tell you that Oregon is a shall issue state for residents, but residency, as I recall, isn't established for 6 months. I've heard Multco isn't too bad for residents, non-residents, they are a real pain. One thing is to be sure you get your Oregon ODL (Oregon Driver's License) as soon as possible, I recall that helps with establishing your residency, but again, that's just what I recall hearing from someone else. You will need that ODL if you want to do a BGC to get a gun.

Enjoy your new state!

Once you get your ODL and declare residency, you are a resident. When you get your ODL they will also register you to vote if you wish and you can't do that without being a resident. To get your ODL you need to show some proof of residency - such as utility bills with your address, and so on. I think employment records help too. But once you do that, you are a resident.

For some things, like college tuition fees for residents, you have to be here for 12 months.

The six month period is for determining if you are a resident for tax purposes - if you spend 200 days or more in Oregon, you have to pay Oregon income tax - you can't claim residency elsewhere and spend the majority of your time (6+ months) in Oregon, especially if you have a residence here. My parents did this; they had houses here and in Nevada/AZ and my dad was very conscientious about not coming back to Oregon for the summer until they had spent 6 months outside the state (in total).

Oregon requires that you be a US resident for 6+ months, but will issue CHLs to non-state residents.

Also, I do not believe that you need references - never heard that for the OR CHL

You must apply for a concealed handgun license in the county in which you reside.
  • Be a U.S. citizen, or a legal alien who can document continuous residency in the United States for at least six months and has declared, in writing, to the INS your intent to acquire citizenship (Form N300).
  • Be at least 21 years of age.
  • Have no legal condition that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under either Oregon or Federal law.
  • Have no outstanding warrants for your arrest.
  • Not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Services.
  • Not be an unlawful user of, or addicted to, a controlled substance.
  • Not be on any form of pre-trial release.
  • Not be required to register as a sex offender in any state.
  • Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor, or found guilty of a misdemeanor within four years prior to application, except under ORS 161.295.
    Not be subject to a citation issued under ORS 163.735 or an order issued under ORS 30.866, 107.700 to 107.723 or 163.738 (e.g. Stalking or Restraining Orders).
  • Demonstrate competence with a handgun by any one of the following means:
    • Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by law enforcement, community college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or a law enforcement agency if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, reserve law enforcement officers or any other law enforcement officers if handgun safety was a component of the course;
    • Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a handgun through participation in organized shooting competition or military service;
      Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state, unless the license has been revoked; or
    • Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a firearms instructor certified by a law enforcement agency or the National Rifle Association if handgun safety was a component of the course.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top