JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I'm moving to Portland from Atlanta in a couple weeks and was happy to find a trading site very similar to ours! If anyone has any recommendation for smiths and FFL's in the Portland area I'd appreciate it. Also, if there's a way to get some credit for my feedback on theoutdoorstrader.com, that would be super!

Welcome ;) I'll 3rd @Velzey for a gunsmith. Also will add Tigard Pawn 4 More (in Tigard - just outside SW Portland) is a great FFL for incoming transfers and private party sales - $25 total, $15 per gun more for each additional transfer in the same transaction. On the east side of Portland, Money Market Pawn is a decent shop too, I recall they charge $30. Just be aware as of August 2015, our unconstitutional SB941 law requires any firearm sale/transfer to go through an FFL. And, any background check, no matter where you go, will cost $10 - most shops include that $10 in their fees. Oregon uses the State Police for their BGC's, not the NICS system like many other states (although the State Police use NICS for the check, we have to pay them to do it).

Screwy gun laws aside, I hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome ;) I'll 3rd @Velzey for a gunsmith. Also will add Tigard Pawn 4 More (in Tigard - just outside SW Portland) is a great FFL for incoming transfers and private party sales - $25 total, $15 per gun more for each additional transfer in the same transaction. On the east side of Portland, Money Market Pawn is a decent shop too, I recall they charge $30. Just be aware as of August 2015, our unconstitutional SB941 law requires any firearm sale/transfer to go through an FFL. And, any background check, no matter where you go, will cost $10 - most shops include that $10 in their fees. Oregon uses the State Police for their BGC's, not the NICS system like many other states (although the State Police use NICS for the check, we have to pay them to do it).

Screwy gun laws aside, I hope you enjoy it here.

Great information, thank you! Coming from Georgia my concealed carry license isn't on the reciprocity list, how difficult is it to get approved in multnomah county? Are they strict about having to decide there for 6 months first? Also, the application requires 2 local references, I'll just be moving there and won't immediate have two local references?

Thanks
Michael

Great information, thank you! Coming from Georgia my concealed carry license isn't on the reciprocity list, how difficult is it to get approved in multnomah county? Are they strict about having to decide there for 6 months first? Also, the application requires 2 local references, I'll just be moving there and won't immediate have two local references?

Thanks
Michael

I'm in Clackamas County, just south of Multco, so I can't answer that question, though I'm sure others here can. I can tell you that Oregon is a shall issue state for residents, but residency, as I recall, isn't established for 6 months. I've heard Multco isn't too bad for residents, non-residents, they are a real pain. One thing is to be sure you get your Oregon ODL (Oregon Driver's License) as soon as possible, I recall that helps with establishing your residency, but again, that's just what I recall hearing from someone else. You will need that ODL if you want to do a BGC to get a gun.

Enjoy your new state!

Beer? Oh yes but all over hopped. Rather a tragedy. They know how to make beer just not how to make it taste good. I recommend the ciders which are sublime here.

We need a dis-Like thingy .

Oregon and Portland especially have the absolute best beer in the world brewed right here. I HATE travelling especially in the South because I never know if they are going to have anything decent on tap. In Portland and Seattle I don't have to wonder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top