JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I am relocating to Austin Tx for work. I'll be flying United airlines and I need to check in my handguns. United states I need 2 locks per gun and they need to be TSA approved locks. Can someone who has gone through this advise me on what kind of box they used and will the lock that came with my guns be approved?

TSA locks can be opened by a master key for theft, I mean inspection. Google "TSA gun theft" for some interesting reading. I'd personally find a different way. Austin is a three day two night drive from here. That's how I'd go, or maybe sell here and buy there.

If you're checking firearms, they need to be in a hard-sided case with Non TSA locks. Look at the TSA site and the airline site.

TSA locks can be opened by a master key for theft, I mean inspection. Google "TSA gun theft" for some interesting reading. I'd personally find a different way. Austin is a three day two night drive from here. That's how I'd go, or maybe sell here and buy there.

I would but one of the pistol was a gift to me from my wife. I can't buy anything there until I become a resident which could take 3 months to a year

Hard sided case as in my factory pistol case or as in a pelican case? I am not sure about that part. Also is there anyway I can bypass this whole mess and mail it to an ffl down there?

The Pelican or factory should work as long as they can lock. You could have an FFL ship them or ship them to yourself using Fedex or UPS. I'd find a case or two to fit a lot and bring them with you. It will probably be the cheapest option.

What? You mean airline employees steal stuffin' out of baggage?

Seriously, the drive is nice. I drove from Yakima to San Antonio back in 82, then the trip back in 83. (May, both times - great weather). I would NOT drive down I-5 and then take I-10. Besides being just unforgivably hot, you'd be in California - I wouldn't want to give them any money.

Lol I should mention driving is out of the question. I sold my car already due to market value of cars in Texas is way less than here and I didn't want to owe more than the car's worth. I was reading ATF guidelines I believe I can legally ship them to myself in another state.

General Andrew Jackson's views on his time spent in Texas.

"If I owned Hell & Texas, I would live in Hell, and rent out Texas".

Fair enough lol but I quit a nice paying job for a great paying job in texas. I'll make some money and come back here to start my own business. Texas has tons of opportunities and hopefully I can find some 22lr ammo for under $40 a brick!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top