JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeh once OP sees how much they take out for income tax his promotion may feel like a demotion. Not to mention the cost of living in Bend is probably the highest in Oregon because it's full of Californians. Maybe @40Garand is correct in getting the bumper so OP won't starve.
I lived in Sunriver and then Bend right after the housing crash. Bend went from being one of the fastest growing cities in the USA to being one of the most depressed. Housing prices fell to less than half. I had friends losing it all. It then slowly came back.

EVERYONE is becoming Californiacated, EVERYONE. People cash out and then leave for better horizons, targeting much of the Pacific Northwest. Been doing it for decades.

Bend is a very 'local' town. You have to find some locals and then mix in with their particular culture. Microbreweries are a big part of the local culture. Skiing, snowboarding, and other winter sports dominate much of what is going on there, with Bend virtually being at the base of Mt. Bachelor, the reason I moved there myself. I wanted to get all of the skiing and snowboarding in that I possibly could 'before I was too old to do so'. My biggest gripe was that Bachelor didn't have night skiing under the lights. I spent many years night skiing up on Mt. Shasta.

One of my biggest complaints about life in Oregon was that we couldn't pump our own gas. TOO DAMNED SLOW waiting for them to do it. That's since changed for the most part.

Guns? Buy what you're already outlined, and a great hunting (sniping) rifle if you don't already have one. But a good ELR rifle is going to eat up triple what you've sent in your budget so good luck with that...

Cool yes but I have no desire to go through a waiting period.
There is no waiting period here in Oregon.
Sure there a lot of people who are buying right now and some have to wait but if you have a unique last name and/or CHL you go through pretty much instantly.
Bought a Ruger Standard(with the red eagle grips, 4 digit serial dating back to 1950) on 9/1/2020 I didn't have to wait, left the FFL I use in Wilsonville 5 minutes after paperwork was done.

Company is providing relocation so I am all set, the $2k is really disposable for firearms haha. Single and six digit salary, I can find something decent with that. So yes the tax sucks but I'll live.

Hello there fellow six digit club member....:D

I'm not familiar with what Oregon doesn't allow you to buy there or transfer across state lines once residence is established there, but I'd focus on ammo for stuff you have NOW. Nothing is good without ammo...

Move light....other than ammo...

MLC Class 3 exotics in salem used to always have cool C&R firearms. M1 garand's with original NV's. They even showed me a Lahti they bought last time I was in but I dont know if they're open anymore. They're in the same business park as RC plus.

Heretic's advice was the best, yes. A secondary idea is to save the money, add to it, and buy something full auto after you move.
To answer your question directly a Garand or C&R FAL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top