JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there,

Opened my account here but never formally introduced myself. Moving to Idaho from Central California. In case you are concerned, we are not progressive here and I do not vote Democrat :). I am also not taking any progressives with me lol.

Question for you all, does anyone know of any gun ranges in the Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell area that have storage lockers? Is there any? I'd like to take at least my AR pistol with me but don't want to leave it in my new place as I do not know the neighbors and will have a room mate for half a month before the lease is transferred over to me.

Thanks

I'll check around.
Welcome to the neighborhood. What area are you going to be living in? If you need a shooting buddy I can show you around. Move here from OR about 2 years ago and love it.

Hi there,

Opened my account here but never formally introduced myself. Moving to Idaho from Central California. In case you are concerned, we are not progressive here and I do not vote Democrat :). I am also not taking any progressives with me lol.

Question for you all, does anyone know of any gun ranges in the Boise/Meridian/Nampa/Caldwell area that have storage lockers? Is there any? I'd like to take at least my AR pistol with me but don't want to leave it in my new place as I do not know the neighbors and will have a room mate for half a month before the lease is transferred over to me.

Thanks
Greetings! I only know about stuff by Filer cause that's where I have family.

Try not to let the freedom overwhelm you. It can be scary at first not having to ask for permission about each and every decision you make and being told "No! Fascist!" half the time. Just take baby steps and soon the PTSD of California "life" will be behind you.

I'll check around.
Welcome to the neighborhood. What area are you going to be living in? If you need a shooting buddy I can show you around. Move here from OR about 2 years ago and love it.

Thanks for the offer! I will be living in the area close to the airport. For starters I will be living in Boise for 2 months but it's possible I may end up in Twin Falls or Caldwell once I'm permanently settled.

I would not worry too much about room mates or neighbors in Boise.

I live a couple hours south of there so I am not much help for ranges or lockers

I think the person transferring over the lease to me would feel very uncomfortable with an armed stranger in the house so I want to avoid any awkwardness and prefer to keep the gun elsewhere while they move out.

Welcome to the Forum and glad u escaped from commie land.

Thanks I am glad too. I promise not to vote/support the mess that turned my state into a dump!

Welcome

Glad to see someone actually made the horrible trip out of HE!! :D

Thanks!

Welcome Fred. 650 is a good area code to be "from".
Congrats on escaping. I got out in 2012. Have never looked back.

LoL funny you bring that up. That area is where I spent my childhood and the number just stuck with me. I spent my teens and twenties in a farm in the Central Valley.

I've been here for a year after 6 years in PDX and love it. Not sure about lockers but there are a few good spots to shoot in the boonies and some good ranges that are close. I'm in meridian and have 2 less than 30 min away. Should be joining NRGC by the end of the month, just waiting on orientation date. Looking forward to it.

Last Edited:
I remember back in the day (late 70's, early 80's) in Oregon, if you came up from Cali you def didn't want to mention that to anyone. We used the term Californication to describe the mindset, baggage and lifestyle they came up here with and then turned our state into the same place. I have an Uncle who moved to Medford in the mid 70's from Eugene to manage the Bi-mart. It had a small town feel, lots of good 'ol boys, fishers, hunters, loggers, miners, farmers, ranchers and their families. Then the older Californians realized they could sell out at 4x what they bought for down there and buy a sweet place in Oregon for next to nothing. Within a decade Medford was overrun by golf courses, restaurants, shopping malls, niche industries, salons, theaters, etc. My Uncle said that they came up here, didn't like the way things were run, got on the city councils and boards of education and the like and started Californicating. The locals were just along for the ride, most had been happy as pigs in poo for so long living their lives in a beautiful valley that they just got overwhelmed and lost their voices. Now Medford is an armpit compared to what it used to be. It was worse in Bend, went from a sleepy western town to a resort community, from a couple golf courses to almost a dozen. I don't even like going through Bend anymore.

It's the way of the west, everyone wants a piece of Gods country but it can't last for ever. You can run but you can't hide for long, word gets out, people get restless and start looking for something better. There are lots of folks who show up for the right reasons but following in their wake are the less desirable lot, to us anyway. Take advantage while you can, not many 'real' places left anymore. Heck I used to think Alaska was the last best place but the media is already ruining that with all the reality shows. Home prices are already in line w/Portland and they're just building more and more. It sounds selfish but the only way to get your slice anymore is to buy it and even then, when you think it's yours, you get a letter in the mail reminding you that you just live there and you really can't do anything you want.......

What fun it is to read all of the responses from the wanabe Idahoans. Idaho IS NOW Californicated! Look at all of the lovely developments in the foothills around Boise. The same ones that were not supposed to be developed like the ones in Cali. Cell towers are the new Montana flowers! Places that used to be remote and great hunting and fishing are awash with the masses. Yeah, move to Idaho and make it just like the place you left. More taxes, vote for the bonds, more roads, lots more road kill, more insane driving etc. etc.

What fun it is to read all of the responses from the wanabe Idahoans. Idaho IS NOW Californicated! Look at all of the lovely developments in the foothills around Boise. The same ones that were not supposed to be developed like the ones in Cali. Cell towers are the new Montana flowers! Places that used to be remote and great hunting and fishing are awash with the masses. Yeah, move to Idaho and make it just like the place you left. More taxes, vote for the bonds, more roads, lots more road kill, more insane driving etc. etc.

I'm confused, everyone here is talking about Not voting the way that screwed up California. I get not liking seeing people from there come and destroy the place you grew up in, I saw it happen in Colorado and it sucked. The people here though seem to be a responsible bunch that understands cause and effect. I understand being pissed off at the folks who move in, build a house right up in the mountains that proceed to vote the surrounding area into hell while complaining about people moving there and building houses in the mountains. I just don't think the folks here would be the problem. Thankfully I think Idaho has a long way to go before its as irredeemable as California. I think the best thing to do is work on educating newcomers about conservative values before they get a chance to vote.

We can't do that if we are screaming at everyone who shows up to leave, and I'm sure your governor will reject any proposals for AAA emplacements and minefields at the border (I know they rejected all mine back in Colorado, they even asked me to stop calling =( ).

What do I know though, I spent a couple months in Boise and hated it (probably due to the company I had, the people were so annoying that going shooting sucked when they came along).

If I misunderstood your post completely I apologize

To OP: Good luck with your move! I'm glad you escaped from California, I've been there once and felt like I needed to shower for weeks to get the commie off me. As for your firearm, why not just leave it cased/boxed or if you don't trust the roomie get a short term storage closet? Your room mate doesn't need to know what you have in your stuff, its not like you are storing Sodium metal or something thats actually somewhat a HAZMAT risk.

I'm confused, everyone here is talking about Not voting the way that screwed up California. I get not liking seeing people from there come and destroy the place you grew up in, I saw it happen in Colorado and it sucked. The people here though seem to be a responsible bunch that understands cause and effect. I understand being pissed off at the folks who move in, build a house right up in the mountains that proceed to vote the surrounding area into hell while complaining about people moving there and building houses in the mountains. I just don't think the folks here would be the problem. Thankfully I think Idaho has a long way to go before its as irredeemable as California. I think the best thing to do is work on educating newcomers about conservative values before they get a chance to vote.

We can't do that if we are screaming at everyone who shows up to leave, and I'm sure your governor will reject any proposals for AAA emplacements and minefields at the border (I know they rejected all mine back in Colorado, they even asked me to stop calling =( ).

What do I know though, I spent a couple months in Boise and hated it (probably due to the company I had, the people were so annoying that going shooting sucked when they came along).

If I misunderstood your post completely I apologize

To OP: Good luck with your move! I'm glad you escaped from California, I've been there once and felt like I needed to shower for weeks to get the commie off me. As for your firearm, why not just leave it cased/boxed or if you don't trust the roomie get a short term storage closet? Your room mate doesn't need to know what you have in your stuff, its not like you are storing Sodium metal or something thats actually somewhat a HAZMAT risk.

Thank you.

I specifically mentioned I am not a progressive, liberal, leftist, democrat etc . I wont be bringing some progressive girlfriend along with me either. I solemnly swear that I will not help transform my new home into the garbage I left behind.

Time was, in Colorado, when you would see "Happiness is a Texan headin home with an Okie under each arm"scribbled on outhouse walls... Well, many of the Old Guard remember those conservative Texans and Okies with some sense of loss.. we traded them for a mess of:eek: liberals from California and elsewhere... Instead of hunters and gun-owners, people convinced of their own "superiority" over the bumpkins- legends in their own minds- who hate and fear guns and the people who carry them, are too bored to fish and who moved here NOT cuz they like it so much but because they sold their homes in Cali for a million bucks and could live more cheaply here on their $$. :mad:We have turned from a reliable "Red" State to a fairly reliable "Blue" State. And it worsens with every election cycle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top