JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I have done some trades with some good folks, and met some very good individuals along the way. @Cogs is definitely a good person and could use some help promoting our shooting sports, especially in Washington. @WrenchNguns it was nice to get to meet you and your son, I would have hoped to eventually do some shooting together in the future. @TMitchell it was great to meet you, Sporting Systems is absolutely one of the best shops I have ever visited. Its going to suck not having a shop like this to go to every week.

I have been struggling to find work here in the Portland Metro, after my 20th+ interview followed by the over-qualified & under-qualified email/letter, my wife and I have decided to sell all of our belongings and move to Idaho where we have family. This decision was not made lightly and is very unexpected.

I am moving about 40 minutes outside of Spokane, WA. I look forward to my next adventure and what opportunities it brings my family and I. I won't be able to get on the site for a few weeks during this time but expect me to be on in the future... I will still be living in the PacNW.

-Kind Regards

Nate.

@Cogs I still have a box of goodies to donate for a raffle, let me know where we can meet up and I can drop this off to you.

Well this is a surprise, Nate! I wish I could join you! I'd like to get far away from the city stuff. So begins another chapter in your life. Make it a good one!

I'm home this weekend. Sunday morning I check in on a couple sites on Larch and may touch off a round or two. Otherwise, I'll be at the DNR meeting in Vancouver this Tue Eve. We should be able to connect.

Take care,

Bill

I don't know what your skill set is but do you think you will have better employment opportunities in the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene area?

I hope so :). No point in staying here maxing out credit cards and going bankrupt.

Honestly, I am lucky, my mother in-law is a great person. She doesn't live in her house and its just sitting vacant (fully furnished.) She gave us an offer to move into the house about a month back. Once Plan A through Y didn't work out, we went with option Z. Its a step in a different direction but should help get us financially stable.

Mom is thrilled to have her sweet daughter near by! After working out the fine details, Mom is going to pay the mortgage and we are going to pay the utilities. I offered to pay more but she is not interested in hearing it. If Mom does want to live in the house with us, i'm all for it, we get along great.

My wife did locate a handful of positions in her field, paying more than similar jobs here in the Portland metro area, as well as having lower qualifications-- I just hope this doesn't mean she is over qualified now! It seems counter intuitive I know. :confused: In the two year my wife has been looking for a better paying position, she had one interview that offered her an unlivable wage. My wife has her Masters in Archives and Records management.

As for myself, I am an operations manager, warehousing mostly but I have held many functional positions including operations, management, warehousing, purchasing, and inventory control. At my most recent position I operated a 80,000 sqft warehouse with about 850,000 active sku's, all 50 warehouse team members reported to me. Things didn't work out, the company forced me into a severance package, which I accepted, they admitted no wrong doing and we separated amicably.

We went through the severance and some of my savings over the six months I have been on unemployment. I received the maximum weekly unemployment benefit which was a huge pay cut for me.

The interesting part is, six years ago I was single, debt free with $10,000 in the bank.

I love my wife, I am in a good place health wise - I don't think I would change a thing. Time to move on and look forward to the future. :)

Count yourself lucky that you're not stuck and can move!

Idaho was my dream but seems like TN will be my new home now. I loved my 10+ years in Oregon but I can't wait to get away from the Kate Brown type of Voters and all their feel good crap that gets passed year after year.

I predict the job situation will get a lot worse with the minimum wage = living wage scheme being implemented and taking hold in WA and Oregon. I expect a big cost of living increase to follow. All the green taxes are adding up too.

Sounds like you will have less pressure to make ends meet living in your mother in law's house and that will give you time to get started in a new job and begin to move up and get established.

Good luck and remember, LUCK favors those who come prepared.o_O

I worked across the street from the Boise Cabelas when it opened. Small store but worth a visit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top