JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Moving to Idaho from Washington for work. I have a trust established in Washington for my SBR and supressor.

Anyone know, or direct me to legal counsel as to if I need to establish a new trust, or if required, how to transfer my trust? Do I need to do anything?

I have filed the form to the ATF for moving my NFA items, but want to be covered when I get to Idaho for possession and for future purchases.

I don't believe you need to do anything specific, but IANAL :D. That said if you did create a new trust and transfer your items, that would be another $200 an item.

You can always contact Alex Kincaid for legal advice - Idaho Lawyers | Attorneys | Alex Kincaid Law , there are a few other very pro 2a lawyers in ID, but I'd start with her for any issue.

Good Luck!

Moving to Idaho from Washington for work. I have a trust established in Washington for my SBR and supressor.

Anyone know, or direct me to legal counsel as to if I need to establish a new trust, or if required, how to transfer my trust? Do I need to do anything?

I have filed the form to the ATF for moving my NFA items, but want to be covered when I get to Idaho for possession and for future purchases.

You are required to complete a Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms with BATF prior to transporting. It sounds like you covered the requirement.

Mike

5320.20 filed, apparently I do not need to file for the can. Moving to Twin Falls. My main question was because my trust is before the Obama changes, and does it matter to the ATF as long as the 5320.20 is sent in, and does Idaho care as long as I am in compliance with Federal law.

Yeah, the interstate form has a place to say that you're not returning or that its staying there. I did an ammendment to my trust to update the address, but there was no requirement to send it anywhere. Not until I use it again at least.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top