Moving to Idaho with a Washington trust...

Reactions
Moving to Idaho from Washington for work. I have a trust established in Washington for my SBR and supressor.

Anyone know, or direct me to legal counsel as to if I need to establish a new trust, or if required, how to transfer my trust? Do I need to do anything?

I have filed the form to the ATF for moving my NFA items, but want to be covered when I get to Idaho for possession and for future purchases.

Reactions
Moving to Idaho from Washington for work. I have a trust established in Washington for my SBR and supressor.

Anyone know, or direct me to legal counsel as to if I need to establish a new trust, or if required, how to transfer my trust? Do I need to do anything?

I have filed the form to the ATF for moving my NFA items, but want to be covered when I get to Idaho for possession and for future purchases.
You are required to complete a Form 5320.20, Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms with BATF prior to transporting. It sounds like you covered the requirement.

Mike

OP
F
Reactions
5320.20 filed, apparently I do not need to file for the can. Moving to Twin Falls. My main question was because my trust is before the Obama changes, and does it matter to the ATF as long as the 5320.20 is sent in, and does Idaho care as long as I am in compliance with Federal law.

Reactions
Yeah, the interstate form has a place to say that you're not returning or that its staying there. I did an ammendment to my trust to update the address, but there was no requirement to send it anywhere. Not until I use it again at least.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Gordon is a great guy, highly recommend doing business with him.
    • NWGN
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
Top Bottom