JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Take a lot of money. You'll need it.

Wouldn't the Danish consul be the place to see what the legalities for firearm ownership are?

It's different for every country. For many years, I thought you needed to be a citizen to legally own or buy a gun here. Not so, apparently. Chinese students can get a permit to buy a gun here.

Hate to be the dickbag here but man. Unless it's absolutely life changing money like your children and your children's children will never have to lift a finger for the rest of their lives, I'd advise against it. I have family (on the wife's side) in Denmark and they are doing everything they can to get out. The taxes are absolutely brutal and the firearm laws are of course even worse than the taxes.

I'm not sure if this is a country wide law, but at least where they live they can't even carry a pocket knife without proof that they are on their way to (or on their way from) fishing or hunting. He said he purchased a new kitchen knife set at a local store and he had to keep it on his passenger seat in plain sight with receipt and has to go straight home. Like STRAIGHT home. Can't stop at the gas station. He legally has to be on his way from the store directly to his house.

It's so funny when they come to visit us and I let them hold my SBR's with cans on them. They're like wut??!!
It actually is life changing and pretty much the best job I could imagine. I'm willing to make a lot of sacrifices for it, I just am trying to figure out how deep the cut has to be. 👍🏻

And you do not have to know the language? Or do you know it?
English is the common language for their company HQ, thankfully. I know very little, but will learn.

Looks like I'm gonna give up on research about any actions I can take currently at this point. It is so restrictive I don't have time and energy to navigate anything extra. I was just hoping maybe I could have a nice revolver or something waiting to transfer over at a future date but it's too much if a headache and I have so much to do elsewhere. Sell the house, cars, downsizing a ton of LEGO 😅

I hope your dream-job isn't working one of those display windows in the red-light district of Amsterdam…….

They got the monkey pox over there!

;) :D
Uh, Denmark is a different country to The Netherlands, right? All of the countries in Europe are different countries, with their own laws. Denmark is famous for B&O hifi, Lego and some jeweller guy called Jensen. Also famous for not only invading England successfully, but owning over half of it for a couple of hundred years, and leaving their place names and language deeply built-in to what we call English today.

Uh, Denmark is a different country to The Netherlands, right? All of the countries in Europe are different countries, with their own laws. Denmark is famous for B&O hifi, Lego and some jeweller guy called Jensen. Also famous for not only invading England successfully, but owning over half of it for a couple of hundred years, and leaving their place names and language deeply built-in to what we call English today.
Yes I know that, but it's a "simple morning commute" from one to the other and back…. (that was the joke I was originally inferring)

;)

Plus the Danes left a significant gene pool there, you're probably a "Viking" and don't even know it!

;):D

Denmark is noted for having the strictest gun laws in Europe. Forget about owning a revolver, think about double barrel shotguns for sport. You will have to join a gun club, participate in match shooting, and it may be two years after that before you are allowed to apply for a license to buy a firearm.

Denmark is noted for having the strictest gun laws in Europe. Forget about owning a revolver, think about double barrel shotguns for sport. You will have to join a gun club, participate in match shooting, and it may be two years after that before you are allowed to apply for a license to buy a firearm.
Yeah, I'm resigning to just emailing the police and making sure what ELSE I can't bring. Gear, militaria, airguns, swords, etc. They have restrictions on stuff all the way down to slingshots and any optics that have 'enhancements' like Night Vision 😱 so... I guess I'm probably gonna make another sale post 😅

Designer at LEGO 😎
Cool - went to Legoland in Billund as a kid. I think my mom still has some big boxes of my Lego in her attic. Fun story, at one point my and my buddies parents thought we were playing too much with our toy guns so they took them away. It probably didn't take a day until crafted new ones using - you guessed it, LEGO!

Cool - went to Legoland in Billund as a kid. I think my mom still has some big boxes of my Lego in her attic. Fun story, at one point my and my buddies parents thought we were playing too much with our toy guns so they took them away. It probably didn't take a day until crafted new ones using - you guessed it, LEGO!
Awesome! Best toy ever made, for sure. And there are some pretty epic LEGO guns these days... Big and small.

Well, you're going to get great healthcare. Denmark is ranked #1 in the world by most surveys.

Yeah it's great if you don't mind having no rights. The government can compel various forms of diagnostics under the rubric of making efficient use of public funds for heath care.

It's also a great place to be if you don't like people with enough backbone be direct.

Yes I know that, but it's a "simple morning commute" from one to the other and back…. (that was the joke I was originally inferring)

;)

Plus the Danes left a significant gene pool there, you're probably a "Viking" and don't even know it!

;):D
I am, and I DO know it. No less than 68% of genetic make-up hails from Southern Scandinavia - three separate DNA tests over the last twenty years - one from Ireland and one each from Sweden and Norway were carried out and showed clear Scandinavian ancestry. Hardly surprising when you look at my family name.

'Foley' comes from an Old Irish name - 'Foghláda' - raider or plunderer, the name applied to the Northern raiders who first terrorised and then populated SE Ireland between 500 and 900 AD.

They named the only two non-Irish named counties - Waterford and Wexford - and founded the seaport of the Dubh Linn - Black Pool, today called Dublin. They also populated Co. Cork, and were the reason for leaving the largest number of people called Foley in the Republic with that name.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top