JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure which forum category is best, but I've been offloading gear and guns in preparation for a HUGE move to Denmark for my dream job - however it's kind of hard to navigate the whole process where firearms are concerned over there and wondering if anyone has experience with moving there, working there, or importing 'allowed' armaments once seasoned there for a bit. I'm familiar with the basics but online information is scarce and sometimes outdated.

I plan to join a shooting club ASAP and start earning my membership time - with hopeful future allowance of hunting/shotgun/revolver access - but I want to know if I should try and trade for a nice revolver to have bought and paid for here in the US for transfer over down the line, or just sell and save money for later on in Europe.

Any insight and resources beyond reddit threads via Google would be greatly appreciated. And thanks to those who have bought some of my wares quickly here.🖖🏻

Congratulations on the new job! Will you be residing in Denmark permanently or do you intend to return to the US? I assume you would need to become a citizen of Denmark in order to own firearms there.

Thank you both!

It takes 8 years to apply for citizenship, not sure if I can have personal guns before that point or not. It's not as big of a scene there so beyond native Danes I don't see much available information that I can peruse on the subject as a foreigner.
Congratulations on the new job! Will you be residing in Denmark permanently or do you intend to return to the US? I assume you would need to become a citizen of Denmark in order to own firearms there.

Hate to be the dickbag here but man. Unless it's absolutely life changing money like your children and your children's children will never have to lift a finger for the rest of their lives, I'd advise against it. I have family (on the wife's side) in Denmark and they are doing everything they can to get out. The taxes are absolutely brutal and the firearm laws are of course even worse than the taxes.

I'm not sure if this is a country wide law, but at least where they live they can't even carry a pocket knife without proof that they are on their way to (or on their way from) fishing or hunting. He said he purchased a new kitchen knife set at a local store and he had to keep it on his passenger seat in plain sight with receipt and has to go straight home. Like STRAIGHT home. Can't stop at the gas station. He legally has to be on his way from the store directly to his house.

It's so funny when they come to visit us and I let them hold my SBR's with cans on them. They're like wut??!!

I hope your dream-job isn't working one of those display windows in the red-light district of Amsterdam…….

They got the monkey pox over there!

;) :D
Pretty sure Amsterdam is capital of Netherlands not Denmark. Nevertheless, Im sure there are some funky monkeys running around in Copenhagen as well.

OP: I'm not familiar with Denmark , I do know in Germany you have to have a Jäegermeister or blessed off on by them, not the drink … To hunt and what not. They are the equivalent to are game wardens. Maybe look at what Denmarks equivalency is and go that route.

Pretty sure Amsterdam is capital of Netherlands not Denmark. Nevertheless, Im sure there are some funky monkeys running around in Copenhagen as well.

OP: I'm not familiar with Denmark , I do know in Germany you have to have a Jäegermeister or blessed off on by them, not the drink … To hunt and what not. They are the equivalent to are game wardens. Maybe look at what Denmarks equivalency is and go that route.
They're all ethnically Dutch….. ;) :D

Lots of family there. Cousins, aunts, uncles. One of my cousins is in the parliament, she is a Marxist I'm pretty sure. Good luck on shooting sports, I think you might be better off maybe going to Finland or something for shooting. The Danish government did take very good care of my grandmother when she got older. I like it there to vist, haven't been there for over 20 years so who knows what it is like now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top