JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow! Just got off the phone with Linn County Civil Dept (refered from sheriffs office). They do not do appointments for CHL's, walk in only! Dang, I forget how long I had to wait in Marion County. I'm liking this rural living already and haven't moved yet!

Wow! Just got off the phone with Linn County Civil Dept (refered from sheriffs office). They do not do appointments for CHL's, walk in only! Dang, I forget how long I had to wait in Marion County. I'm liking this rural living already and haven't moved yet!
Yeah, you didn't catch that earlier?

Lol. You'll get an awesome flag backdrop too!

Yeah, you didn't catch that earlier?

Lol. You'll get an awesome flag backdrop too!

Jackson County is currently similar. Walk ins only, slated to change to appointments. Supposedly in September due to a computer upgrade.

Ours transfers (Marion County -> Jackson County) took about 20 minutes all told, $30 ea, and left with the cards. Nice!

Our drivers licenses allready had been changed with the new address & had stickers.

Ours are pretty simple plain cards, hopefully that will change with the upgrade, plus given the $ spent.

IIRC you have 30 days to inform the Sheriffs of your new address.

Sounds about rite, and likely the way to go...we didn't.

The Ladies at JCSO didn't mention our delay in getting transferred over tho.

Would likely have caused an extra legal hurdle if we were involved in a DGU, or stopped for cause and searched. Definitely not worth the hassle!

The OSP system still had us listed as CHL holders, as noted by the immediate clear while doing the few purchases betwixt getting the Marion County CHL transferred to Jackson County. Which is kinda odd...but glad it's that way vs "there's a delay due to address mismatch" or some such. I won't be giving them any suggestions tho.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top