JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

Currently my wife and I are still stuck in the sinkhole known as Oakland CA,,, hey, it's not that bad here, only 89 murders so far this year. Down from 130 last year.

We've bought a home in Eagle Point OR and are anticipating moving there in late 2014.

I'm a member of Calguns.net and heard about this website from a member there. I'm looking forward to getting out of Kommiefornia and living in a free state.

dunndeal

Welcome to NWFA and moving out of Kalifornia. I am currently vacationing in N Kali with in laws and will be headed back to NW Washington. Fortunately I have only had to live in Kali for a year when i was in the service. WhAT a screwed up state. Neighbor of my in laws ticketed for not getting their trash can inside their fence within 24 hours after trash day. I don't even want to know about gun laws in this development.

Brutus Out

Hello all,

Currently my wife and I are still stuck in the sinkhole known as Oakland CA,,, hey, it's not that bad here, only 89 murders so far this year. Down from 130 last year.

We've bought a home in Eagle Point OR and are anticipating moving there in late 2014.

I'm a member of Calguns.net and heard about this website from a member there. I'm looking forward to getting out of Kommiefornia and living in a free state.

dunndeal

Welcome!!
We like freedom loving, Liberty minded people up here.
Check out this site.
Www.WalkingtoFreedom.com

You may want to write a letter to the state and tell them they won't be seeing anymore of your tax dollars and purchasing revenue.

Hey maybe if enough conservative folks move here from California we can finally start to correct all the things wrong with Oregon. After being run by fruit loops in Portland and Eugene for 3 decades. Course the first time they all moved up here in the 60's and 70's is what started are mess in the first place. But that's all History now.

Hi DunnDeal,

I'll bet you want out of Commiefornia. You'll like Eagle Point. Nice community. My wife and I are in Eugene. Politics here are tough to take, but we just keep our heads down and plod through life. Be careful in Oakland. That place is a hole. Spent time there in the military and was real happy to leave. Best to you and yours. John

should have chose ID

Thought long and hard about ID. We have friends in Boise and I steelhead fish every Fall on the Clearwater in Orofino. The deciding factor was I don't want to live that far from the ocean. I love to salmon fish in the ocean, Eagle Point is just 120 miles or so from Brookings or Gold Beach where I can troll until the cows come home.

Hi again DunnDeal,
My wife and I lived in Brookings for around 15 years on the Chetco - with Tide Rock as our back yard! Hope that is one of your fishin' holes. Used to help DFW net spawners by the hundreds. So many that as you tightened the net, standing next to the hoards of fish, they'd literally beat your legs blue. Great memories. Thanks for bringing them back. John

The deciding factor was I don't want to live that far from the ocean. I love to salmon fish in the ocean, Eagle Point is just 120 miles or so from Brookings or Gold Beach where I can troll until the cows come home.

I was born and raised in Medford, OR. My family is/was all around in that area; Grants Pass, Shady Cove, Central Point, Butte Falls and Eagle Point. For work, I moved to Boise, ID for a little less than two years. While living in Boise, I sure did miss knowing the coast was only a couple hours away. Man, was I happy to move back to Oregon; this time in the northern part and it is a lot easier to get to the coast from where I live now. You'll find the drive from Eagle Point to the coast to be beautiful. You'll be taking the Redwood Highway (HWY 199) from Grants Pass down across the border and over to Crescent City and on up Highway 101. Absolutely beautiful the entire way, but take extra care on 199 as there are a number of tight bends with the redwoods at the very edge of the road. On the Oregon side of 199, you'll go through Cave Junction where the Oregon Caves can be found, they're definitely worth a visit.

You'll also enjoy close proximity to the Rogue River and plenty of reservoirs to fish in. Interesting trivia for you, all the lakes in Jackson County (the county you'll be living in) are man made reservoirs. You'll also be a short easy drive from Crater Lake (a must go) and Diamond Lake. If you want to try for some monster Rainbow Trout, Diamond Lake is the place. Check out http://www.diamondlake.net/fishingreport.html and scroll down to the picture of the trout caught August 20th. It is the lake's new "post-restoration" record. My dad and I were there the day it was caught, but we didn't see it in person. Sadly, I got skunked the entire trip.

And if you like to golf, you'll be in a great area for that, since there are many public courses. My favorite is Stoneridge in Eagle Point. If you do golf, play a round there for me. My second favorite course is Laurel Hills in Gold Hill. It is mostly an Irons course with the fairways lined by Laurel trees, gorgeous!

Not sure if any of that helps you out, but I hope it does.

Thank you all for the hearty welcome and for the fishing info.

We'll be traveling to Eagle Point in a couple of weeks for my wife to re-visit the two major hospitals in Medford. She's an RN and still needs to work for a few years.
Going there is going to stimulate my desire get out of CA sooner rather than later.

Congratulations.

Nice general area. I would live there if I could get a decent job there. I may yet buy an acre or two after I retire just to have a base camp - maybe somewhere between Grants Pass and the coast, but that is sometime in the future.

Thank you all for the hearty welcome and for the fishing info.

We'll be traveling to Eagle Point in a couple of weeks for my wife to re-visit the two major hospitals in Medford. She's an RN and still needs to work for a few years.
Going there is going to stimulate my desire get out of CA sooner rather than later.

Good idea to follow your desire!

Come on up and get a couple SBRs and silencers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top