JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The short of it it is, we might be a piece of ground over here. Straight irrigated farm ground.
Needs well, septic, home, everything.
We want to sell our home now and get the money. We own our home so I don't want any type of loan period.
we are going to most likely general our own build.
we have 5 kids. And 3 dogs. And horses and cattle.
where do we live for 6-8 months while building???
Farm animals can go on property as soon as we punch a well.
but 3 dogs is a deal breaker usually for any landlord.
Wife said heck no to a sheep herders tent and RV.
What do we do?
Need to make a move fast on his land.
$10k per acre

Imo even tho the boss didlt like an rv they can be very livable for a short period of time if they have a tip out and monitarily you could recoup most of your money selling it once built. They do have downsides as they dont store alot of grey or black water and running it to the dump site every couple days might get annoying. Not alot of other/better options.

Negotiate a deal to let you live in your existing place for X number of months while you build, and pay rent each month to the new owner, or reduce the price of your property by an amount to cover your rent after you sell it.

OR try Zillow.com:

Might try craigslist.org also.

Edit to add: Or contact a local realtor and ask about rentals or cheap used mobile homes you could use on the new place instead of an RV, etc. Might find a cheap mobile home online also - bigger than an RV, but double wide would be best for you.

Last Edited:
Options:

Sell your place and do a lease back for the time needed...but the buyers may not go for that...or you may lose buyers if it's a deal breaker for you.

Throw your stuff in storage and find a cheap apartment to rent as close to your build site as you can find.

Live in your current place while you build your garage first, with a two bedroom apartment on top. Then sell the house and move into the apartment while you're building the main house.

That's all I got.

Is the wife made of $$$$? REALLY? NO....to even an RV?

That leaves IMHO.....to costly housing solutions. Or......maybe relatives. But, IF they were close enough. And then.....it could strain relationships

Aloha, Mark

Is the wife made of $$$$? REALLY? NO....to even an RV?

That leaves IMHO.....to costly housing solutions. Or......maybe relatives. But, IF they were close enough. And then.....it could strain relationships

Aloha, Mark
I can see her side, if it were just the 2 of them id be like whats her prob but 5 kids and 3 dogs no rv's Big enough to make that comfortable for a 2-3 month run. But an rv for mom and dad andand a tent trailer for the kids and spread the dogs out between the 2 maby? Getting on site water and sewer would sure make things alot more doable.

Last Edited:
I'm thinking that maybe buying this place MAY just be a stretch already. So...in reality. Where's the money?
Buying
Building
and living in *luxury in the meantime.

Sounds good but.....

Where's the money?

What's her solution (suggestion)? Have her take a seat, then have a discussion. And don't forget your game face.

I-m-listening-31691578.png

*yeah right....define: luxury (or comfortable).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Lol!
My wife is a super trooper. She's not exactly high maintenance.
woke up today and had a thought. Our shop now is 32x86. We can just build the same shop but go 40x95. I need more room anyways. Throw in a small kitchen and bath and live there. Then see what building costs are after the election around springtime. Make the shop super comfortable and a very usable space after home is built. Cause I foresee costs to build home then coming down.

Assume the build will take longer than you think, and plan your temporary-living situation accordingly.

This. A house build that you think will take 6 to 8 months will take 9 minimum if EVERYTHING goes right. Plan for a year. Also budget wise plan on 15% minimum more than you plan on spending, and if you get a flake contractor then they will screw you for more. If their mouth is moving they are lying. If they give you a quote that looks good, they will come back at you every week with some bullsh*t about "that" not being covered in the estimate/ original quote.

I went from bare dirt juniper hillside in August 2019 to moving into our 2100 sf manufactured home on December 20th, 2019. We finished the build up in April of this year, all landscaped, decked and livable. I spent every penny of my $ 287,000 and had to scale back on my shop, and did not get the heat pump put in this year. So another$ 30,000 would have been nice. We also did all the excavation, deck building, landscaping, belly band installation, driveway building, ourselves so we saved a lot there with no labor costs there mostly equipment rentals.

I asked the contractor to build the shop first and he said oh yeah no problem, but after the son of a bytch only worked 5 days in 11 weeks for my $ 39,500 deposit I gave him and then wanted another $ 14,000 I fired his lying azz, generaled it myself and had more done in 20 days than he did in 11 weeks. Prick.

Adding living quarters to your shop will run the cost up a minimum of $ 20,000. You have to look at that cost to see if it is worth it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top