JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feels like i'm heading back to war or something. I'm afraid there may be a major culture shock after not having to look over my shoulder everytime I walk out to my car. First thing I do is get my concealed permit. I'll keep updating on things I see while i'm there. Its been a pleasure being up here in the Northwest, nothing but good things. God bless and thanks for keeping this place safe. Take care, Gunnoob.

Just remember that Doritos are meant to be crunchy and that cockroaches smell like Dr. Pepper when you step on them. Don't get stung on the *** by a scorpion after it crawls up the drainpipe in your shower, bit by a coral snake in the webbing of your fingers or hit by a swarm of hornets after the guy riding his trail bike ahead of you runs over the nest... (I grew up down there ; )

Well, at least the salt water is good for bug bites. What part are you moving to?

Just remember that Doritos are meant to be crunchy and that cockroaches smell like Dr. Pepper when you step on them. Don't get stung on the *** by a scorpion after it crawls up the drainpipe in your shower, bit by a coral snake in the webbing of your fingers or hit by a swarm of hornets after the guy riding his trail bike ahead of you runs over the nest... (I grew up down there ; )

Well, at least the salt water is good for bug bites. What part are you moving to?

Lol I like it. I grew up in Jacksonville and thats where Ill be heading to. Im more afraid of being shot or robbed. Or maybe sweating to death in the humidity.

I have a friend in Jacksonville and he never mentions being afraid. He's a remodeling contractor and gets around quite a bit. He doesn't carry, either.

When you are in a place you tend to get used to it. Also there are nice parts and bad parts of every city, Jacksonville is a massive city. The place I grew definatly made me uncomfortable.But while I was there I got used to it , moved out here and saw the day and night diffrence between being in a relaxed state and worrying about getting jumped or robbed at gunpoint (again)

When you are in a place you tend to get used to it. Also there are nice parts and bad parts of every city, Jacksonville is a massive city. The place I grew definatly made me uncomfortable.But while I was there I got used to it , moved out here and saw the day and night diffrence between being in a relaxed state and worrying about getting jumped or robbed at gunpoint (again)

Agreed. There parts of Portland or Seattle which would scare me, and parts where I'd feel relatively safe.

It wasnt always a bad place but as the economy dropped people began to get more and more desperate. People are widely depending on goverment assistance and I think they are gonna start drug testing to weed out the the scumbags. There is alot of racial tension in the south that is nonexistant here. Its really strange to see the contrast in everything.

Lol I like it. I grew up in Jacksonville and thats where Ill be heading to. Im more afraid of being shot or robbed. Or maybe sweating to death in the humidity.

Drove through a few times but didn't stop. Lived in PCOLA and Sarasota areas. Nothing like stepping out of the shower just to start sweating immediately... I wish you success in the move. Stay out of the Waffle Houses after 2am ;)

Feels like i'm heading back to war or something. I'm afraid there may be a major culture shock after not having to look over my shoulder everytime I walk out to my car. First thing I do is get my concealed permit. I'll keep updating on things I see while i'm there. Its been a pleasure being up here in the Northwest, nothing but good things. God bless and thanks for keeping this place safe. Take care, Gunnoob.

I had to move from a rural mountaineous area to the city ten yrs ago for employment, six ago i was able to move back tot he country, two years ago I had to move bak the city for a promotion, now I am trying like to get away from the city, putting in for transfers like mad. I just hope it happens soon.

City living has its conveniences of shopping and having things new by and the country living has its good and bad, you have to drive a ways for large and to get things at times, but as far as safety, security and shtf the fan scenario I would rather be in the country, it is also a lot quieter and you have more of a sense of peace in the country

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top